New Contributor

Why do you (QVC) continue to try and push inferior products

You ask customers to rate products. A lot get poor reviews but yet you try and push them on us like it's the best.  It looks bad when a 1 and 2 star rating is made to sound great

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do you (QVC) continue to try and push inferior products

You have to realize that those ratings may be a very, very small number compared with the number of actual purchases.  I'm not saying that's the case, just that it's a possibility.

Honored Contributor

This board is for QVC customers to exchange comments and ideas.  You'll notice there are no posts by Q employees or vendors as they're not permitted to participate.  Keeping that in mind, do you expect a QVC response to your question?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@QVCKING wrote:

You ask customers to rate products. A lot get poor reviews but yet you try and push them on us like it's the best.  It looks bad when a 1 and 2 star rating is made to sound great

@QVCKING Have you shopped with QVC long?  ALso, what is a great product to some is certainly not to others.

Respected Contributor

What one person does not like & gives a poor rating there may be others that like it. Everyone likes different things. I find you have to make your own decision.

Valued Contributor

I think ratings are often very subjective and need to taken with a grain of salt. A consumer needs to know how to shop and what to look for to suit their needs.

Respected Contributor

I ususally check the ratings especially if it's clothing I'm looking to buy. And I check the reviews but I start with the low ones. There may be something about the product that the person dislikes but wouldn't bother me.

On the other hand, if it does something like shrink, unravel, or if the white garments are so flimsy everyone can see your underwear, I want to know about that too. 

Depending on what I find I read the other ratings or stop right there and don't buy it.

Respected Contributor

I have to admit that I thought that when they were presenting the Fresh Paper for produce and bread which sounded really good but when I looked at reviews there were a lot of one star reviews saying it didn’t work. 

Honored Contributor

If it is indeed an inferior product they want to get rid of it .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree and it's a good point to bring out.  I always hope our complaints and suggestions are passed on to management by the moderators.  On several occasions I heard hosts refer to something that was said here.  One was about Alberti stuffing his mouth with food, but then, don't some men eat with gusto?

Although, some say reviewers do not represent the majority of buyers, I think they do to a degree.  There usually are more positive reviews than negative even if they are only 55%.  They might think unhappy reviewers rush to give a negative review, but happy QVC customers also can't wait to tell everyone they love what they received.   

I always look at the lowest reviews first.  If I see a common complaint, I won't buy it, but, as an example, the following type of review appears more than it should.

The reviewer said she can't button the jacket, but that's OK since she never buttons them anyway; however, goes on to complain the upper arms are too tight and when she pulls her arms forward the back is too tight as well.

Clearly, she should go up a size, but blames QVC for designing the sleeves too small.  This type gives the jacket a lower rating when it would be perfectly fine for those choosing their correct sizes.  

One person weighing 180 lbs complained the size 4, 5'4" height, she ordered was too small and wrongly sized, since that was the size she wore.  This is not believable. 

Reviews like those above unjustifiably lower overall ratings.  

So, when we see an overall low rating, it's best to read the reviews.  While reviews are just one part of the reason I will or will not buy something, still I won't purchase anything when I see reviewers are complaining about the same things.  

From my own experience with products and one who reviews every product I buy from QVC, there are very good reviews that accurately describe them.  Of late, I'm more interested in those receiving a broken, damaged, or a defective product.  I'm not buying as much clothing as in the past.  However, that doesn't always work, either.

I purchased a coffeepot that came with a defective power button that wouldn't turn on. All 5 reviews were 5 stars before I decided to buy it.  

I have seen where quite a few complained about the same things wrong with a product.  They were still sold on-air as if they were all 5 star ratings.  I think this is very deceptive selling.