Super Contributor

I'm watching Jennifer Coffey, and as usual, Monifa is sitting on her computer - supposedly communicating on FaceBook.  Occasionally she's invited to join the host.  It makes Monifa look like she's being made to watch a seasoned host, to learn!  Honestly, I hate to see this, and wonder why Monifa agrees to it every week.  She's perfectly capable of hosting her own show, not just listen to Ms Coffey rambling on and on!  , 

Honored Contributor

I assume Monifa is in some sort of remedial OJT probably because that's what she's been told to do.  If you watch her closely, she doesn't seem to be doing much of anything on her laptop.  It's very strange.  Maybe her sales are really low.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@CABRIT wrote:

I'm watching Jennifer Coffey, and as usual, Monifa is sitting on her computer - supposedly communicating on FaceBook.  Occasionally she's invited to join the host.  It makes Monifa look like she's being made to watch a seasoned host, to learn!  Honestly, I hate to see this, and wonder why Monifa agrees to it every week.  She's perfectly capable of hosting her own show, not just listen to Ms Coffey rambling on and on!  , 

@CABRIT 

I don't know who Monifa is, or how long she's been with QVC, but maybe her learning curve has been longer than most hosts.  She may be assigned to do this, and her "agreeing to do this every week" isn't an option. 

Perhaps she is on some sort of probation ... or something like that.  It's possible this isn't the right job for her.  Not everyone is cut out to do live TV sales.

Honored Contributor

Or maybe it's the other way around...    Ya never know who is watching whom...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Steve Doss has to do this every Saturday also when Shawn saves Christmas is on. He's been named by Shawn as Sleighbell Steve and has to sit on the side not saying much but just on the laptop or iPad interacting with people online. Shawn does all the talking and he says nothing.

He also has his own shows by himself, but what are they going to say? It's their job and when they're assigned to do something, you can't say no.they're still the newbies.

Honored Contributor

I saw Courtney do this, too, early on.  Shawn might be Monifa's trainer. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why do this QVC?

[ Edited ]

The Q has been doing this for years. Nobody is being punished.

Way back in the day Courtney Cason was the "social media" person for Lisa Robertson on PM Style.

Over the years Stacey Stauffer and Mary DeAngelis have both been "side kick" to David on his shows. Now his shows have Julia and Rosina doing it.

Last year, Shawn even had Rick Domeier filling that role for a few Christmas shows when Courtney wasn't around.

They had Antonella doing it before she got canned with Shawn's beauty show.

Social media is a big part of QVC. The customers feel like they are friends with the hosts (so QVC hopes) and are going to buy more (again QVC hoping).

I know most here claim they don't follow QVC's social media outlets, they only post here.  And that may be true as I see many claiming they haven't bought from QVC in decades. And that's probably why QVC was going to dump this forum last year. (QVC was thinking "what have you done for me lately?")

The social media job is an easy paycheck and some bonus air time in my opinion.

They could hire me to sit there at the computer and fake laugh all day for half price 🤣

Honored Contributor

@CABRIT   I agree, I hate this too. You're right in that it makes Monifa look like she's the bad student being summoned to observe the teacher. What's more disturbing is Jennifer barely acknowledges that Monifa is even there.

It's ridiculous. Monifa does not need nor want to be playing sidekick to JC. Every time I see this I just shake my head and wonder why.

Respected Contributor

And Monifa isn't as new as some others.  I feel bad when I see her doing this too.  I've seen her hosting on her own - thought she did fine.  

Esteemed Contributor

Jennifer as a teacher??????.........................