Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do they need to show a ""designer"" for Denim & Co.?

On 5/19/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 5/19/2014 kittymomNC said:

It looks like you're a new poster, so you may or may not be aware that this subject has been ongoing since Gary first appeared. If other designers can show their lines, why shouldn't Denim & Co.? Personally, I find him somewhat charming and very informative, and I'm sure some of the hosts like having him there so they don't have to continue trying to find something new to say during the presentations. Just because it's an in-house line of clothing, doesn't mean that it designs itself, and although I actually like SG and some of her clothes, I would much rather watch and listen to Gary. He doesn't jangle my nerves!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So what did I say that warranted this response? I said nothing about Gary or any other designer or host by name. I never said Denim & Co. should not have the designer with the host.

I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to the OP, wendy1960, and this is apparently her first post. I was just giving her some information she might not be aware of. OK?Smile

Respected Contributor

On 5/19/2014 suzyQ3 said:

It looks like you're a new poster, so you may or may not be aware that this subject has been ongoing since Gary first appeared. If other designers can show their lines, why shouldn't Denim & Co.? Personally, I find him somewhat charming and very informative, and I'm sure some of the hosts like having him there so they don't have to continue trying to find something new to say during the presentations. Just because it's an in-house line of clothing, doesn't mean that it designs itself, and although I actually like SG and some of her clothes, I would much rather watch and listen to Gary. He doesn't jangle my nerves!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So what did I say that warranted this response? I said nothing about Gary or any other designer or host by name. I never said Denim & Co. should not have the designer with the host.

She didn't quote you and was not responding to you. She's responding to the OP, who, as kitty notes, is a new poster.

The OP has almost 7000 post's, I would not call them "new" It is no big deal I just seem to get backlash over every post I make, even the good ones.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

She didn't quote you and was not responding to you. She's responding to the OP, who, as kitty notes, is a new poster.

Hey suzyQ, it's been a while! Hope you're doing well! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

The OP has almost 7000 post's, I would not call them "new" It is no big deal I just seem to get backlash over every post I make, even the good ones.

golfcartrider, no one here was giving you any grief over anything you said. Sorry you felt that way. In fact, if you read my post, I totally agree with you. And since I'm not what anyone would call a "veteran" on the boards, I would have no way of knowing that this OP was someone else in the past and has that many posts. How are we supposed to know that? I was new at one time, and my activity only showed 1 post - would that have made people think I had another nic in a "past life" on the boards? Any enlightenment on that subject would be appreciated...Smile

Honored Contributor

Hey suzyQ, it's been a while! Hope you're doing well! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I am doing very well, kitty. Thanks. And I hope you are well, as well. Well, that's about it for now, unless I can figure out how to incorporate any more "well's" into this post. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The OP is listed as having just signed up, with this being her first post. That's all I know. And that was one clue, along with the fact that kitty didn't quote you and that you weren't even disagreeing with her, that I knew her response was not to you but to the OP.

I just thought you would want to know that someone wasn't disagreeing or attacking you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

golfcartrider, no one here was giving you any grief over anything you said. Sorry you felt that way. In fact, if you read my post, I totally agree with you. And since I'm not what anyone would call a "veteran" on the boards, I would have no way of knowing that this OP was someone else in the past and has that many posts. How are we supposed to know that? I was new at one time, and my activity only showed 1 post - would that have made people think I had another nic in a "past life" on the boards? Any enlightenment on that subject would be appreciated...Smile

The only enlightenment I have is that under the name it says 6,937 post's member since 10-06-04. Whether the OP has any other names I would not know that.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

The only enlightenment I have is that under the name it says 6,937 post's member since 10-06-04. Whether the OP has any other names I would not know that.

As a "newbie" I saw the 1st response assuming that was the OP. I am sorry for my assuming. As they say Never assume because there is an as_ before u and me. I apologise if I offended anyone.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

As a "newbie" I saw the 1st response assuming that was the OP. I am sorry for my assuming. As they say Never assume because there is an as_ before u and me. I apologise if I offended anyone.

You certainly didn't offend me - I was confused as to what you meant, but now I understand. I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't referring to you in any way...and I've had myself made an as_ of by assuming things, much to my chagrin! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Esteemed Contributor

golfcartrider, one more thing. I still consider myself a "newbie" compared to a lot of others on here. And I have one very important piece of advice, learned the hard way in my "short" time here. Develop a thick skin...I've found a lot of wonderful, thoughtful, caring people on here, I think I've made a few "friends" (as much as you can on an anonymous board), but I've also learned some posters to avoid, how to skim threads and see who's posting and what's going on and maybe just skip it for my own sake, and then there are those who are always negative or sarcastic, those who will make personal attacks, ugly hurtful remarks, put down other posters and argue for the sake of arguing, and/or totally ignore you when you post on a thread. Sometimes it's just best to ignore those, and never take it personally.

There are also forums which are almost never negative - Like Pet Lovers, some of the Kitchen and Home forums, etc. Viewpoints is probably where you will find some of the most contentious threads because people do get into somewhat "heated" discussions, some of them really good, and some not.

So just keep on posting, try to enjoy the good parts, and let the rest go. Hope to run into you again! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}