Honored Contributor

Re: Why do the hosts purchase on the air?

They've been doing it for years and they'll keep right on doing it. It doesn't bother me and it also doesn't send me running to the phones.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Lol, Stevie, I was JUST reading this thread as well! Smiley Happy I was also wondering how would someone place an order for a host without their account info. Didn't sound right to me.
Valued Contributor

Just a cheesy sales gimmick that doesn't work for me.
Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 tough_kitty said: Lol, Stevie, I was JUST reading this thread as well! Smiley Happy I was also wondering how would someone place an order for a host without their account info. Didn't sound right to me.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Who knows. I've seen the hosts supposedly ordering for the models too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 tough_kitty said: Lol, Stevie, I was JUST reading this thread as well! Smiley Happy I was also wondering how would someone place an order for a host without their account info. Didn't sound right to me.

I've heard a host say "order this in small for me; you have my information." I still think it is a sales ploy and not necessarily a real order.

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 handygal said: Everything that's said and done is carefully thought out to get us to spend as much money as possible. That's good marketing.

Just like when they say "I love the red." Then when that sells out they say, "I really want this in plum, it is the color of the year, etc."

Esteemed Contributor

or they say I hope you all don't buy this product I want to purchase it when I get off the air....

yeah, sure....

when Antonella was on with JR the other night....did you hear her ask them to purchase one of those expensive bracelets for her....I think it was the one that was around eight or nine hundred dollars...who buys something that expensive on a whim....not me for sure...

Honored Contributor

It's clearly one of their tackiest sales ploys. Diminishes the host credibility, IMHO. Wish they'd retire that ploy. Saw Jill do that on Sunday. Tacky! Tacky! Tacky!

Regular Contributor

Oh, I sooooo agree with you ladies!! I saw Antoinella & Jill over the weekend and it a total turn off for me....they want us to think it is the first time they have seen the item and they just have to have it....tacky, tacky, tacky. I so badly wanted to tell both of them to let them know what poor taste that shows whether it's for real or not is beside the point.

That's when my mute button goes on!!

I feel better now!!

Valued Contributor

No, they did not always do this. Years ago, the hosts mentioned that they could not order until they were off the air. It must be to their advantage to order while presenting or say they are.