Trusted Contributor

Re: Why do negative reviews not appear on the same day?

@missron wrote:

I noticed that when I (or anyone) post a review that is positive, it is up the very samed day.  If it is negative, it does not go up till days later.  That means the customer does not get any real feedback on the item they are buying in real time because they have to scroll through a long list of positive reviews to get to the people who are disappointed with the item.  Most people do not have that kind of time and I guess thats what QVC relies on to sell shoddy items.

Interesting that the OP "notices" what is going on with other people's reviews.

This is another case of someone beleiving her perception is reality as she clearly does not know anything about what is happening with other reviews.  Additionally, as may can attest, most reviews do not eppear instantly as there is a review process.

It would be nice if people would be factual when it comes to commenting rather than allowing their feelings to make omments which are ultimately nonsnesical.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You post that you AND other people you don't know have delayed posts on negative reviews, which is a ridiculous statement since you have no idea what my experience is.  But, worse, when we post our experience, you ignore it.  I'm thinking I would have probably ignored your negative review, so nothing is lost.  Your kind of reviews are a dime a dozen here, and it annoys me that I have to skip over them to figure out if I want to make the purchase. 

Honored Contributor

I rarely post reviews here, but when I have, the length of time it took for them to be published was approximately the same regardless of the content.

I do not believe there is any conspiracy behind how long it takes for them to be posted.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I write a lot of reviews and I haven't noticed any difference.   Sometimes they all take longer to post than at other times,  and I have had them post the same day.   I don't think positive or negative makes a whit of difference. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

This is absolutely true, make no mistake about it.  I purchased some sketchers Go Walks that were a TSV. 

They look like Slippers, although they were sold as shoes.  I kept them and they will be fine around the house. 

My review did not apprear for 5 days.  I contacted customer service and they said they had been "busy" which is understnadable.  But my review was lost among the others,

and I gave four stars.  it annoyed me.

I often give five stars because I know how to buy most of the time now, and those reviews show up really, really fast.