Honored Contributor

Re: Why did Dell & QVC stop doing business?

@ValuSkr wrote:

It's just as well.  My experience has been that HP is far superior to Dell.

@ValuSkr    @Drewps5co0tt 

Ditto ... I had a Dell laptop and would never buy another.

Esteemed Contributor

My first two computers were Dell and I had no problems. It was time for me to purchase a new computer and QVC was having a HP TSV. I spoke with an IT person at my job and he encouraged me to purchase HP. I have never had so many problems with a computer.

When I finally got rid of the lemon (HP) I returned to Dell. So far no problems and I have had this latest one over five years. Once, my current computer starts showing signs of age. I will purchase again from Dell, and buy directly from the manufacturer. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   Just to clarify.. You would never buy another Dell or would never buy another brand?

My Dell laptop is only a few months old and it has been a nightmare.  I bought it at Best Buy.  It's already been to Dallas for warranty repair once and I will probably return it again.  Technical support personnel in India try very hard to be helpful but are often difficult to understand.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   Just to clarify.. You would never buy another Dell or would never buy another brand?

My Dell laptop is only a few months old and it has been a nightmare.  I bought it at Best Buy.  It's already been to Dallas for warranty repair once and I will probably return it again.  Technical support personnel in India try very hard to be helpful but are often difficult to understand.

@ValuSkr   

I won't buy another Dell anything.  I was not impressed with their customer service, either.

I've had my HP laptop and HP printer for a couple years now, and they run smoothly.   Knock on wood. Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have a HP and will NEVER buy another HP. I hated it from the first day, and when I can get rid of it, I'll buy a Dell. I had a Dell before this HP and loved it, never a problem for years. I wish the Q would offer both.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Drewps5co0tt   We customers are not privy to contract negotiations between QVC and its vendors.

Oh, I heard you were the nastySmiley LOL one on here.  

Honored Contributor

I would never buy Dell from Q (or pretty much any electronics). I found that most are prior models rather than the most current. In addition, prices are usually less elsewhere.

I used Dell for maaaaany years. They never lasted more than 3-4 years.  I made the jump to Apple MacBook Pro in 2013 and never looked back. It still functions like new. I can't imagine going back to Windows. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just bought a new Dell laptop - old one (from QVC) was almost 15 yrs old.  I have a Dell desktop too - it was hubby's.

I bought an HP from QVC for my grandson about 5 yrs ago - after two repairs within a year I got a partial refund from HP.  Never again.  

Valued Contributor

Just my two cents:  I've had both HP's and Dell's and I'd never buy either again.  My Acer laptop, purchased from Amazon, has never had one single problem and I've had it for 5 years.  My computer repair person suggested Acer.

Honored Contributor

My Senior Network Engineer son always uses and recommends Dell computers.  I've had mine for years and not one problem.  Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*