Trusted Contributor

Re: Why did Dell & QVC stop doing business?

@Q4u wrote:

My Senior Network Engineer son always uses and recommends Dell computers.  I've had mine for years and not one problem.  Woman Happy 

I think you stick with what you have had good luck with and for me, that would be Dell. 

Absolutely zero problems...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had my Dell INSPIRON 5721 Laptop since 2011 (purchased from QVC)  and it is still working fine.  I would never purchase an HP device.  

Honored Contributor

Neither Dell nor HP would be my choice. If absolutely forced to select from among just the two brands, I'd reluctantly choose Dell. Regardless, I'd not purchase either from a TV home shopping network. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I've had four Dells in 30 years and enjoyed using them. My last one was a Windows 7 all-in- one that still works. The only reason it was replaced is that the software for a new Canon printer wasn't compatible. It works with Windows 11 which I do not like. 

Honored Contributor

Over the years I spent almost 1,000 on "repairs"  for my Dell, originally cost 600.00.  Almost immediately Dell charged me 169.00 for some update.  I finally threw in the towel and bought an HP.  I was thinking I have too much money in the Dell to let go, what an idiot I was.

Respected Contributor

I've had a Compaq, IBM, Sony and  HP laptop so far, no Dell yet. I am having trouble finding a laptop non touch screen anywhere. Wonder why they seem so scarce lately.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had many laptops over the past 20 years and each sibsequent device has been better and lasts me longer.   I have had HP for the last 12 years and I have never had an issue with them.   The last 2 I purchased from QVC, 

Regular Contributor

I was thinking about switching to a Mac (everything else I have is Apple).  However, I'm afraid that I won't be able to learn the OS...and I'm a pretty techy guy!  I have used Windows since the 90's and I'm just worried that I won't be able to get comfortable with MacOS.

I'm actually interested in the new MacBook Air 15", but once I spec it out the way I want (16GB/512GB), it's $1800 with tax!  I ijust don't know if I have the balls to go thru with it.  Will be waiiting until black Friday week regardless to figure stuff out.

Could have sworn I saw someone post in here about Apple but I can't find the post now.

Occasional Contributor

Comparing MAC and PC is like comparing Apples to oranges   I am so used ti having a PC that I am happy with what I do on it and what I use it for.  

Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Over the years I spent almost 1,000 on "repairs"  for my Dell, originally cost 600.00.  Almost immediately Dell charged me 169.00 for some update.  I finally threw in the towel and bought an HP.  I was thinking I have too much money in the Dell to let go, what an idiot I was.

Some years ago Dell had a lot of lawsuits due to their financing policies.

People sued them in many states because they were assured they would be getting "0%" financing with great credit ratings

(my son) He was denied after the fact..He was stuck making large payments and very little was going toward the principle.

I helped him get all his paperwork and he filed with the NYS Attorney General office.

He got all his money back plus interest.

He promptly went and bought an HP and never looked back.