Respected Contributor

Why can’t we make a change in order?

Don't you think a Customer Service representative would have more important things to manage than having to change my order after immediately ordering it? Seriously, I just ordered the muk luks TS when I forget their size chart is different and a medium would not be a size 12. Literally... 2 MINUTES I see the size chart on screen and I've ordered the wrong size.

System doesn't allow us to make any changes and I think that presents an unnecessary call to CS. Our CS are wonderful people who solve more complex problems than changing a size or color choice. 

Powers that be, can we please at least have a few measly hours to edit an order??  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why can’t we make a change in order?

Isn't that the whole point of having Customer Service?

To solve problems that customers caused.   

Valued Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

Don't you think a Customer Service representative would have more important things to manage than having to change my order after immediately ordering it? Seriously, I just ordered the muk luks TS when I forget their size chart is different and a medium would not be a size 12. Literally... 2 MINUTES I see the size chart on screen and I've ordered the wrong size.

System doesn't allow us to make any changes and I think that presents an unnecessary call to CS. Our CS are wonderful people who solve more complex problems than changing a size or color choice. 

Powers that be, can we please at least have a few measly hours to edit an order??  

I agree the Q should be like their sister channel HSN ,have never been unable to cancel out an order because of size,or even  second thoughts . But if I want to reorder different size can  right from computer with not seeing processing  like the Q shows within seconds  of placing order.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree.  It would be nice to be able to modify the order within the first couple of minutes.

But when it happened to me, within the first 20 seconds or so, I simply placed the order for the correct size.  Then cancelled the incorrect order.  No need to call customer service for that.  

Honored Contributor

I have never understood this either.  Particularly considering the fact they can't even get the item out of the warehouse and on its way to you in less than a week.  If it's just sitting there, why can't it be changed?!

Honored Contributor

I stopped impulsive shopping including speed checkout several years ago after I read what it costs companies to provide human CS.  That was even before the pandemic messed with CS practically everywhere.  

I still WANT human CS sometimes, but I can't begin to remember the last time I used the CS number.   I am waiting for an order involving a possible size issue right now, so my fingers are crossed that I guessed right.

Honored Contributor

I ordered.....something......?.....  recently that I decided I could live without and tried to cancel it---it had only been 15-20 minutes or so and was told I couldn't----I called CS and she said the order had already been sent to a 3rd party ordering and couldn't be changed!!! Now what in the heck does that mean??? It means, I have to pay for the return!!! Now one thing she did suggest was to say on the return slip, for the reason for return, was,  that I didn't order it. That sounds a little hokey to me. I think I ended up just sending the stupid thing back--but now I am thinking long and hard about ordering anything-----

Honored Contributor

I've often made changes to or canceled an order within an hour of placing it and recently too.  Hard to imagine someone couldn't do it within 2 minutes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It’s happened to me also. Not necessarily in 2 minutes, but definitely no longer then 10 minutes.
Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have never understood this either.  Particularly considering the fact they can't even get the item out of the warehouse and on its way to you in less than a week.  If it's just sitting there, why can't it be changed?!

@faeriemoon   that's exactly how I feel !  I can't cancel ,  but the item is only sitting there sometimes , Yes for a week.  It isn't like someone is packaging it up within minutes or even hours .  I really wish qvc would change this policy .  I guess they don't want to loose money , but actually if the item may once received be returned that is taking away the $$ !!