Valued Contributor

Re: Why can't orders be cancelled anymore?

@ Montana wrote:

Would it kill QVC to state, in writing, what the cancellation policy is?  Why the secrecy?

QVC 's cancellation policy seems to be arbitrary.  Some customers have no problem cancelling, while others cannot.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

New management has discovered the other networks have gotten away with this no cancel policy, so why not QVC?  

@depglasswhat other networks?  You can cancel on HSN until midnight of the day your place your order and I've canceled orders on Evine as well.  I've never tried to cancel on JTV.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I was told even in a few minutes it's sometimes impossible to cancel an order. The reason I was given is customers are complaining that it takes days to ship, sometimes 10 days or more! They want to process them quickly. I have seen no difference in the time my order r ships. I think the Company hopes you won't bother to return it. I also keep seeing the note near order status that returns are taking longer to process. Lately I have found that you can't depend on any of their size charts. With the same designer sometimes I need a medium & sometimes a large. I used to be a solid medium. I also had an exchange requesting a different color & they shipped the same color out! Same size different color. I won't be exchanging it, I'll be returning it. I already talked to CS. Maybe that why they have so many returns!

Valued Contributor

At hsn you have until midnight to cancel. Penney's is 30 minutes & Amazon is different for some items. You ususally can cancel within 30 minutes. So, QVC should  give us a window to review sizes & reviews. The hosts keep saying it's almost gone! I think they should air their new policy or at least put a message up to read their new cancellation policy. All I can say is I now research everything before I order & even then I've had the wrong fit or defective items shipped to me. Also if you do a exchange & they are out of your size you do not have to pay s & h.

Respected Contributor

Why can't orders be cancelled as was once possible?

Well, I'm sure the Q did a study and found that if a customer isn't able to cancel and actually receives the order, they are more likely to keep it.  Additionally, if the customer does return it, there are those return charges.  

It's all about the bottom line folks!  These people, including hosts,  are not our friends, they are out to  make as much money as possible which is perfectly fine as long as it's done ethically.  They are in business to make a profit.  Buyer beware! 

Contributor

I tried to cancel my order just Moe.I ordered it at 3 and its 6 now
I think I should of been able to after all they take 5 to 7 days to even ship it out.My things don't get to me for a most 2 weeks.
Esteemed Contributor

My guess is, if you return it, they will still make money. If you are able to cancel, QVC makes no money. 

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc 

In a perfect world, drop shipping by a vendor would be seamless and the customer wouldn't notice any difference in shipping time. In reality, drop shipping has all the negatives you mention in that QVC does not have control over a 3rd party's inventory supply chain and shipping practices and it's guesswork as to whether a customer will receive an order or not or if they will receive it in a timely manner or not.

Frequent Contributor

when did that change? I ordered a LUG bag ...the Samba and decided to cancel it and had no prolblem.. that was in february.

Frequent Contributor

I know when I ordered my first  Lug Samba purse they said I couldn't have it shipped to the PO BOX.. I was upset because they said it would take longer than 7-10 days which is what QVC USED To do ALL the time. but now it's changed.. I said I didnt understand why the heck it couldnt be sent to a PO BOX and they said thats how Lug has it set up supposedly. which I thought made ZERO sense.. weill anyways same thing for my IT Cosmetics..They will not send to PO BOX.. Not sure why..SO I had it delivered the way they normally send it and it took several days and it did come in the mail..Well if it came in the mail,WHY did I have to STAY HOME TO wait for the delivery?? no signature required.. the mail carrier handed it to me and left. Kinda ridiculous when we cant have sometihng sent to a more secure place because they wont send for some stupid  reason.. only to find out that there was no signature required and the mail people would've just left it here at the house anyway.. Though in this day and age a PO BOX is safer..