Respected Contributor

Re: Why can't orders be cancelled anymore?

I have not had any problems cancelling orders lately - I've cancelled a couple in the last two weeks. If you wait two or three days, most likely the order is too far in process lately.

I have noticed that QVC and HSN might be using the same warehouses lately. Most of my previous orders from HSN would originate out of Ontario, Calif and I would get them fairly quickly. Now some of my QVC orders are originating in Ontario also. I have received a couple of orders withing 3 days of ordering. I can see where it might be impossible to cancel if they are shipping this quickly.

Honored Contributor

I find if I want to cancel something I have to do it right away or at least before midnight or I'm stuck with it. Many times I will order from Q2 via phone and go to look at it online and find out the reviews are lousy so I cancel.

Occasional Contributor

I was unable to cancel within 12 hours

New Contributor

I recently was unable to cancel an order within 5 minutes of placing it.  No sooner had I ordered the TSV, when I discovered that the next item presented would much better suit my needs.  I immediately went online to cancel the first order, but was unable to because the order was "in progress and unable to be cancelled."  I then called Customer Service who said they were also unable to cancel the order.  This was now all within 5-10 mins. of my order.  I demanded to speak with a supervisor, who advised me that this was now the company's policy.  I asked if this "new policy" had been disclosed on air or on the web site...she said that it had not.  That was, indeed, my last order with QVC.  

Honored Contributor

I think this is terrible business pratice especially only after 5 minutes of ordering.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently cancelled two orders after what seemed like two years not being able to cancel at all.  I agree that shipping can be awfully slow.  I no longer take a chance and order a present from the Q, hoping it will arrive on time - the shipping is simply unreliable.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They are set in stone.  Be sure you want it when you order it.  The window for cancellation is brief

@Kachina624 They had better set their shipping policy in stone as well. I just posted a thread in the customer service forum regarding this. For 9 days my Prive Riveax glasses have been in processing. They are not regulating themselves regarding when they have to ship to the customer, but they don’t want us cancelling if they cannot meet “reasonable” shipping requirements. My EDD has come and gone. They should not charge me any shipping for having to wait this long. What customer service? There is none! The 2 pair of glasses are going back if and when I get them. I won’t be paying shipping either!

Honored Contributor

New management has discovered the other networks have gotten away with this no cancel policy, so why not QVC?  

Respected Contributor

Would it kill QVC to state, in writing, what the cancellation policy is?  Why the secrecy?

Respected Contributor

If it is something I know I absolutely want I will order it.......but if not sure I will put it in my Cart and think about it for a couple of hours before ordering. I find doing it this way I do save money and I am not spending money on things I really don’t need.