Esteemed Contributor

Why are the items "in process" for 5 days before shipping??

I purchased two items on St. Patrick's Day, and they are still "in process". Please tell me what takes a week to prepare and ship a package out? This is annoying, waiting for items to be shipped. What happened to receiving the package in 4 days (BEFORE HSN and QVC merged)? That's long gone! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Why are the items "in process" for 5 days before shipping??

I don't understand why the delay in shipping is so long either. I bought a shirt during fashion day and it shipped yesterday. yet you can't cancel an order unless you do it imediately because it's "in process".

I could understand if it is shipping from a 3rd party vendor like the electronics do but their warehoused items should not take that long.

Respected Contributor

This is pretty much normal for QVC these days, and has been discussed here many times.  HSN's shipping is still pretty fast for me.  I just don't shop at QVC if I need something quickly.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

IMO, 2 possible reasons:  1) the warehouse is so big with so many items (what retailer keeps an item in inventory for 5+ years like QVC does??) it's difficult to find anything!! or 2) and more probable is they have cut way back on their warehouse personnel in a cost saving measure.

I don't understand the problem of cancelling an item if it's still "in process."  Until it actually ships the item should be cancellable.

Respected Contributor

Macys is a huge organization also but they shipped most of my order yesterday on the day I ordered it. Another plus is that shipping is free if you order a certain amount. All cosmetics were on sale so I stocked up.

I also like that I can return items to my local store if I don't like it. No big return fees. QVC is losing business to them at least from me.

Respected Contributor

My shoes came today. Ordered 3/13. Delivered with my Macys order from 2 days ago.