Trusted Contributor

Re: Why all the yelling ...

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:
The only thing more annoying than a shouting host is being lectured to by a poster that I should change the channel....that scolding has become very stale.

@Johnnyeager 

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

@Spurt 

Kids get scolded.  

Adults receive suggestions/options.  They are their own masters...make their own choices. 👍

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:
The only thing more annoying than a shouting host is being lectured to by a poster that I should change the channel....that scolding has become very stale.

@Johnnyeager 

@Spurt 

Kids get scolded.  

Adults receive suggestions/options.  They are their own masters...make their own choices. 👍

@EatWell  - Why are you even participating in this thread?  You say this topic is stale and talked about too much.   Why even bother to open the thread?  Just to scold?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EatWell wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

@Spurt 

Kids get scolded.  

@EatWell 

The endless "suggestions" from the "chain the channel" gang are ridiculous.(as kitty said your suggestions are obvious)...If you feel a thread discussion on programming has been done before...here's an adult suggestion....ignore the thread/move on to another topic....no channel changing reminder needed....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Peggy 

Wish viewers would write a letter to corporate headquarters.   I have done this, wrote several threads in the Suggestion Box Forum where some concerns are forwarded to Management.   My only connection with QVC is checking the daily Lunchtime Specials, and logging onto the Forums.   

In the old days, I could not wait for Monday Night programming.   I'm done.  My nerves and ears cannot tolerate it any longer.

QVC Inc. Global Headquarters 

1200 Wilson Drive 
West Chester, PA 19380 

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

Why do many of the hosts have to raise their voice at the end of a sentence?   (I know I can change the channel and I do.)

@Daysdee 

It’s a function of your tv’s AVE.  Just like when a commercial comes on, then switches back to the program.

I don't think so.  

Trusted Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@Peggy 

This topic has been beaten to death many times on this board and others..  They are salespeople.  Nothing more.    Some hosts get excited, some low key.   They are individuals with different personalities and demeanor.. that is what people are.   Not just robots, cut from the same mold....saying and doing the same thing.  Life would be boring if it were so.

One can always turn down the tv volume, mute, use Closed Captioning, switch channels, or better yet....turn off the tv?

You have choices.

You do realize that the choices you suggest will result in one thing, right?

No viewers.

No viewers means no sales and I hope you can figure out what happens after that.

@alarmclock 

Re: two choices suggested/options dealing with the subject of this thread, “why all the yelling”.   Suggesting 1) turning down the volume, or 2) turning on CC would result in less viewers?   How?   And, of course, you have free will to decide what you do with hosts yelling, if that really bothers you.   Do nothing or, do something else if you choose so.

Re: No viewers?  Yes.  That would not bother me.   I would not miss it.  Stating the obvious, it is a shopping channel, right?    So, there would be no more threads like this complaining about hosts yelling.   There would be no more reading unkind comments from the Host Haters.

How about you?  Would you miss it?  Why?

I will give this one more try.  People have it on IN THE BACKGROUND TO LISTEN TO IT.  No one will listen when it's all yelling.  Closed captions or a low volume sort of defeat the purpose!

People see and hear something while they are doing something else.  [cooking, cleaning, etc.] When something catches their eye, they stop to watch for a moment.  Those moments CREATE ORDERS.

I think your comment about no viewers is outrageously ignorant.  I am sure you would have something to say if thousands of people ended up losing their jobs due to low viewership and sales.

You have a very simple view of business and how it works.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carry on.

I wish you people well as you continue to comment on “yelling” complaint,  the topic of the original post.

Enjoy.

✋🏼🙏🏼

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

@Peggy 

Wish viewers would write a letter to corporate headquarters.   I have done this, wrote several threads in the Suggestion Box Forum where some concerns are forwarded to Management.   My only connection with QVC is checking the daily Lunchtime Specials, and logging onto the Forums.   

In the old days, I could not wait for Monday Night programming.   I'm done.  My nerves and ears cannot tolerate it any longer.

QVC Inc. Global Headquarters 

1200 Wilson Drive 
West Chester, PA 19380 

@seaBreeze 

Sadly the "change the channel" bunch scolds and belittles every suggestion or feedback anyone puts in the Suggestion Box. Many people got tired of their harrassment and their threads getting shut down so for the most part most customers stopped posting their ideas there...There's very few new threads

And yes I have written directly to Corporate on a couple of issues...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I agree.  The barefoot "gals night in" beauty show is chaotic and as much as i like beauty products, I find this format unwatchable.

Trusted Contributor

@nomless wrote:

I never hear hosts yell. Some viewers also complain about screaming; I've never heard a host scream either. 

I guess if I did, I'd turn down the TV volume.

You have not heard Antonella?  She has been yelling for months now.