Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Why do many of the hosts have to raise their voice at the end of a sentence?   (I know I can change the channel and I do.)

@Daysdee 

It’s a function of your tv’s AVE.  Just like when a commercial comes on, then switches back to the program.   

Esteemed Contributor
The only thing more annoying than a shouting host is being lectured to by a poster that I should change the channel....that scolding has become very stale.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Why all the yelling ...

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:
The only thing more annoying than a shouting host is being lectured to by a poster that I should change the channel....that scolding has become very stale.

@Johnnyeager

Agree.  

Thankfully, thinking adults do have options.  And can make a choice that suits them.  👍

This topic has become very stale.  It keeps popping up ad nauseam..👎

Honored Contributor

I never hear any yelling or screaming from hosts.  What I do here is constant jibber jabber with fake enthusiasm.  I think there's a certain amount of acting required in that job.  The good hosts can do it naturally, without overacting and mugging for the camera and telling tall tales.  It's exhausting to watch some of those newbies because they never take a breath, they never stop talking and much of that talk is just crazy nonsense.  I always have my laptop open when I watch any shopping channel, I'm just in the habit of doing that so I can look up whatever information I need.  I often think what do people who don't or won't go online to look at that item do?  So many hosts are more into entertaining than they are into giving information.  

Regular Contributor
I can't stand Kim Gravel, when she's on I flip the channel! I notice Antonella has been trying it up lately too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Peggy 

This topic has been beaten to death many times on this board and others..  They are salespeople.  Nothing more.    Some hosts get excited, some low key.   They are individuals with different personalities and demeanor.. that is what people are.   Not just robots, cut from the same mold....saying and doing the same thing.  Life would be boring if it were so.

One can always turn down the tv volume, mute, use Closed Captioning, switch channels, or better yet....turn off the tv?

You have choices.

@EatWell 

download (1).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Peggy 

This topic has been beaten to death many times on this board and others..  They are salespeople.  Nothing more.    Some hosts get excited, some low key.   They are individuals with different personalities and demeanor.. that is what people are.   Not just robots, cut from the same mold....saying and doing the same thing.  Life would be boring if it were so.

One can always turn down the tv volume, mute, use Closed Captioning, switch channels, or better yet....turn off the tv?

You have choices.

You do realize that the choices you suggest will result in one thing, right?

No viewers.

No viewers means no sales and I hope you can figure out what happens after that.

Super Contributor

@Spurt 

Now THAT was too dang funny!!

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: Why all the yelling ...

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@Peggy 

You have choices.

You do realize that the choices you suggest will result in one thing, right?

No viewers.

No viewers means no sales and I hope you can figure out what happens after that.

@alarmclock 

Re: two choices suggested/options dealing with the subject of this thread, “why all the yelling”.   Suggesting 1) turning down the volume, or 2) turning on CC would result in less viewers?   How?   And, of course, you have free will to decide what you do with hosts yelling, if that really bothers you.   Do nothing or, do something else if you choose so.

Re: No viewers?  Yes.  That would not bother me.   I would not miss it.  Stating the obvious, it is a shopping channel, right?    So, there would be no more threads like this complaining about hosts yelling.   There would be no more reading unkind comments from the Host Haters.

How about you?  Would you miss it?  Why?