Trusted Contributor

@Peggy wrote:

Sorry if this has been covered already ... but it seems many of the female host have taken to yelling to show their excitement.  Please ... act like adults.

I guess they think yelling at us will scare us into buying.

Have I got a surprise for them.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

YEAH, many of them do yell.  Many of them talk too fast.  Many of them talk over vendors.  Many of them mispronounce words.  Many of them come to the presentation unprepared.  Many of them tell way too many personal stories (even saw a reenactment of a fall from a curb in NYC).  Many of them seem frantic and flit from one space to another.   It's all been noticed and commented on and it makes no difference.  It all remains the same!!

@maximillian  Everyone has different opinions on who they like and don’t like. So who’s opinion should they take? 

Opinion is one thing.

Having consistent, professional presentations is quite another.

There is a real way to have good presentations that please almost everyone without making it a repetitive and robotic.  

Too bad QVC cannot see this.  Or if they do see it, they look the other way.

Honored Contributor

It's a vaudeville show!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

YEAH, many of them do yell.  Many of them talk too fast.  Many of them talk over vendors.  Many of them mispronounce words.  Many of them come to the presentation unprepared.  Many of them tell way too many personal stories (even saw a reenactment of a fall from a curb in NYC).  Many of them seem frantic and flit from one space to another.   It's all been noticed and commented on and it makes no difference.  It all remains the same!!

@maximillian  Everyone has different opinions on who they like and don’t like. So who’s opinion should they take? 

Opinion is one thing.

There is a real way to have good presentations that please almost everyone without making it a repetitive and robotic.  

@alarmclock  Well,I like Jane T. And I consider her professional.

Honored Contributor

It's the Oprah syndrome. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

They do need to try something different..what QVC is doing isn't working, financials aren't the best....maybe some hosts can use some additional training

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

Opinion is one thing.

@alarmclock 

Well said!  two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

And I'll just add....there's also more to product presentations than just going through the colors.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

How about flitting around the set in bare feet ....noticed that the other

night for the second week in a row ....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why all the yelling ...

[ Edited ]

@Peggy 

This topic has been beaten to death many times on this board and others..  They are salespeople.  Nothing more.    Some hosts get excited, some low key.   They are individuals with different personalities and demeanor.. that is what people are.   Not just robots, cut from the same mold....saying and doing the same thing.  Life would be boring if it were so.

One can always turn down the tv volume, mute, use Closed Captioning, switch channels, or better yet....turn off the tv?

You have choices.

Honored Contributor

Why do many of the hosts have to raise their voice at the end of a sentence?   (I know I can change the channel and I do.)