Contributor

Sorry if this has been covered already ... but it seems many of the female host have taken to yelling to show their excitement.  Please ... act like adults.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why all the yelling ...

[ Edited ]

I never hear hosts yell. Some viewers also complain about screaming; I've never heard a host scream either. 

I guess if I did, I'd turn down the TV volume.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why all the yelling ...

[ Edited ]

Jane, Antonella, Kim Gravel....absolute turn offs. Loud, loud, loud.

barely watch QVC anymore... too much, knit, nylon and spandex in their clothing and the beauty products are totally over-hyped and extremIy expensive. I get my skin care else where. I do love jewelry shows and Isaac. 

Super Contributor

Antonella:  Why are you yelling??......We are not deaf!!

She is just too bawdy for me!  Kim Gravell also!  

I am so missing Jill already!!

Respected Contributor

YEAH, many of them do yell.  Many of them talk too fast.  Many of them talk over vendors.  Many of them mispronounce words.  Many of them come to the presentation unprepared.  Many of them tell way too many personal stories (even saw a reenactment of a fall from a curb in NYC).  Many of them seem frantic and flit from one space to another.   It's all been noticed and commented on and it makes no difference.  It all remains the same!!

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

YEAH, many of them do yell.  Many of them talk too fast.  Many of them talk over vendors.  Many of them mispronounce words.  Many of them come to the presentation unprepared.  Many of them tell way too many personal stories (even saw a reenactment of a fall from a curb in NYC).  Many of them seem frantic and flit from one space to another.   It's all been noticed and commented on and it makes no difference.  It all remains the same!!

@maximillian  Everyone has different opinions on who they like and don’t like. So who’s opinion should they take? 

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian Well worded - you hit the highlights - we watch and shake our heads.

Trusted Contributor

@QP Doll wrote:

Antonella:  Why are you yelling??......We are not deaf!!

She is just too bawdy for me!  Kim Gravell also!  

I am so missing Jill already!!

One thousand percent.

Super Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Jane, Antonella, Kim Gravel....absolute turn offs. Loud, loud, loud.

barely watch QVC anymore... too much, knit, nylon and spandex in their clothing and the beauty products are totally over-hyped and extremIy expensive. I get my skin care else where. I do love jewelry shows and Isaac. 

@ellaphant 

In Italian we call it being a cafone (ka-fone-eh).  A term Antonella would be familiar with.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would call it shouting, like a carnival barker using the "hard sell." The hosts must think this will sell more items, by attracting our attention. For me, it has the opposite effect. I either mute the sound, or change the channel altogether.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~