Trusted Contributor

Re: Why all the stigma LR is a diva behind the scenes?

I’m sorry for the loss in her family but that doesn’t make her any less fake in my eyes.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Lipstickdiva,  I agree but but Katie being single and young; she shoud be more careful and concerned for her future. She has a long furture ahead of her, and should be more protected financially.

When younger people aren’t heavily into planning for retirement (as the majority are not), it’s not like you can force them to care. 

We don’t know, Katie may have given herself a timetable. And it may not have strictly to do with finances and retirement. Katie may know that it’s just not an issue for her as long as she lives with Lisa. Or perhaps Katie is using Lisa.

Katie’s not so young that she’s incapable of making informed choices - but we don’t know what informs her choices.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I don't know how old Katie is or LR's other employees; however, as her employee I would be concerned about benefits. Does LR contribute to their 401K's? Does she give paid personal days and sick days? Does she give maternity leave? Does she pay for some of their health care insurance? Do they get paid vacations and how long? Do they receive annual bonuses? There are many benefits established companies provide. 

I would be concerned as an employee of hers. 

There are a ton of "established" companies that don't do this for their employees.  A lot of people don't have any 401(k) or IRA or pension through their employer.  Many don't offer health insurance, sick time and personal days or annual bonuses. 

I'd think most places give maternity leave. The question is, is it paid maternity leave or not and in many companies, it is not. 

I hope if they don't offer benefits, they at least pay them a good salary. Most people when job seeking look for jobs with benefits.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@Lipstickdiva,  I agree but but Katie being single and young; she shoud be more careful and concerned for her future. She has a long furture ahead of her, and should be more protected financially.

I would hope so, @Sheilaray. I think most who accept jobs without benefits are those who have the benefits through their spouses. 

I surelly wouldn't want to be poor as a church mouse, working for the Queen Bee who has everything....

Valued Contributor

I can see all sides of the discussion.  We don't know Katie's financial situation, and yes, most millennials do not forward think regarding their future careers, health and retirement plans.

I do feel that Katie is exactly where she wants to be for now and quite happy with her job. Perhaps she knows corporate life isn't for her and is most comfortable in this intimate setting that is LR's business. She can travel, flex her tech skills, and heck, even has her own bedroom at the office. LOL.

Honored Contributor

Katie lives with Lisa?  Why???

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

The flawless photos are just to much! Really!
Respected Contributor

wrote:

Because it is her business and none of ours?

There is an old Polish saying --  Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

In English:  Not my circus, not my monkeys

In Real Life:  Ain't none of your business

Just sayin'!

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Because it is her business and none of ours?

There is an old Polish saying --  Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

In English:  Not my circus, not my monkeys

In Real Life:  Ain't none of your business

Just sayin'!

Because she makes it everybody’s monkeys by putting her life on FB.  People are going to have opinions. Her choice to do business that way.

Respected Contributor

How would anyone posting here know if Kate lives with Lisa or what Kate's salary, benefits or financial status Is? She is not an indentured servant. If she is not happy with her job she is free to move on.