Trusted Contributor

Re: Why all food in ITKWD today?

During the Holidays I often purchase some QVC goodies to give as gifts, and a special treat for my family !!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, I don't understand why you said lives depend on these comments.  All she said was that the food prices are high, that's been said many times before.  QVC isn't going to fire a vendor over that comment, if so, they would've done it already.  They make A LOT of money from their food products, therefore, they will continue to sell them.

Isn't this a forum where ideas and views on a particular ihssue can be exchange

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

I can tell from you have never worked in food sevice. I have and the prices are low in some cases, it include the person wages and the cost of the food they purchased. Some of you have no idea the hours it takes to prepare this food. I think some of your comments are so silly with no reguards to the people who work to prepar this food.  I, myself can use help in the kitchen at that time of the year. Some of you need to caution when you making comments because some people lives depend on this.

I can tell you for a fact, many of us have local meat markets that sell excellent quality products at far reasonable prices.  I prefer to shop local markets, because I want to make sure they survive.  They are people that live in my community.  It's nice not having to wait for items to ship when I want good steaks, or hams. etc.  I can even chose if I want aged beef, or not.  I also can cook, most of what they sell doesn't take hours to fix. Sorry, but your point is mute.

Esteemed Contributor

I am just afraid to order food in this kind of heat....

Regular Contributor

I would never buy food online. I want to see with my eyes what I am buying. I also would never buy a Smithville ham for $99.99 on sale (org $121). I can but them all day long at the grocery store for way cheaper and the same ham. Just too risky buying food and not knowing what condition it will be in when you get it. It takes way too long to get staple things on time like promised. So with all the FOOD that is on ITKWD, I just bypass and look at what will be on the show beforehand. Not going to sit through all the food, and watch the happy dance for each item which I think is used to sell not that it taste all that great. I think I'm becoming bored with the Q. They just don't sell the good stuff any more. 

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I am just afraid to order food in this kind of heat....

@Nataliesgramma

When it gets so hot in the summer I remember people writing posts regarding their Q food orders where the dry ice didnt hold up and food arriving spoiled etc etc.....

One thing I'm curious about -----although I understand its too hot too cook, don't SOME of these people have LOCAL options for food ......most grocery stories offer prepared food and local delivery service these days and a whole lot cheaper than QVC's prices too......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila4Now

I remember the good old days when ITKWD offered some new and unique kitchen gadgets that I didn't see locally and the gadgets I purchased I still use today.  But it's not just holidays and CIJ, that ITKWD now shows a lot of prepared food its all the time!!!  I don't understand why folks order  from QVC when there's probably cheaper and local options to get similiar prepared food...........

ITKWD has become a borefest....or should I say borefeast...and then when he's not showing prepared food its the same thing---Copper Chef, Kitchen Aid, Vitamix, toaster and convection oven, knife sharpener, spurtles, food chopper, and the cracking and crazing Temp-tations line!---then they stop to do a floor cleaning or other cleaning item---ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I end up turning the channel....And when the NFL season is going on, I'm watching football!!! 

I now go to local kitchen stores and find all kind of new and unique kitchen tools and gadgets.....And fairly recently QVC mentioned in one of their financial reports that kitchen sales had declined....gee I wonder why....Dont know how they did on the last report though....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I agree that ITKWD has become extremely boring.  I stopped recording it if I'm not home.  No longer that interested.  David doesn't really cook anything.  Same items every week.  For me it is too much prepared food they are selling and then when they spend so much time on cleaning items and/or the TSV that isn't kitchen related.  It's a turn-off and I do turn it off.

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

I got my Enstroms reserved....if that is all I get, I am happy in spite of having to endure David and Stacy...

Isn't Enstroms delicious? I have to reseve my order for December. I have never tried the whole pieces, I've only ordered the indicidually wrapped ones. They are so yummy...