Trusted Contributor

Why Vendors Still Not On Set

I guess they are still using Covid as an excuse to have vendors skyped in from their homes instead of actually being on the show with the host presenting their item. Probably will never go back to the way it was pre-covid. I find it annoying watching a split screen and listening to host and vendor talk over each other.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Re: Why Vendors Still Not On Set

What bothers me the most about remotes is the audio. Most of it sounds terrible. But otherwise I'm okay with it.

Respected Contributor

I am happy with the remote vendors. It helps them in terms of lost productivity and the cost of travel. I wouldn't expect them to ever return.

The workplace has been redefined. Many will never return to the traditional five day work week in an office environment. This was the status quo before technology brought people together virtually.  The pandemic forced companies to adapt. Those with public facing jobs will continue as they always have, but the back office and major companies have and will continue to operate remotely.

Super Contributor

I agree...

Honored Contributor

Hasn't anyone heard about the current difficulties with air travel?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What bothers me the most about remotes is the audio. Most of it sounds terrible. But otherwise I'm okay with it.

I'm fine with it if the quality is good.  Some vendors have excellent video and audio.  But others are barely audible or viewable.  

I don't understand why QVC doesn't go into the vendors' homes and set up a more professional remote.  They seem to be relying on Skype and the vendors' internet connections, which isn't always decent.  

If they had professional quality remotes, I would think that would be much less costly than having every vendor come into the QVC building.  They could continue permanently.

Honored Contributor

SHQ has had many vendors back and JTV just a few. The vendors are probably happy to stay away. Save a ton of money and time on travel, meals, hotels, air fare, and some for just a few minutes of air time.  And if they drive, save a ton on gas!!!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is saving money this way also. Not having to pay extra camera men and for food shows cooks to cook and prepare for air. 

Honored Contributor

Lori Goldstein bought a house near Q just to appear there. As it turned out, she could have stayed in NYC!

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm fine with it if the quality is good.  Some vendors have excellent video and audio.  But others are barely audible or viewable.  

I don't understand why QVC doesn't go into the vendors' homes and set up a more professional remote.  They seem to be relying on Skype and the vendors' internet connections, which isn't always decent.  

If they had professional quality remotes, I would think that would be much less costly than having every vendor come into the QVC building.  They could continue permanently.

@geezerette   Having vendors remote doesn't bother me.  But, the quality of transmission is not always good.  Some look and sound very professional but others not so much.  I have wondered what the difference was on the type of equipment being used.  The ones I really don't like are for makeup.  The lighting is usually bad.