Respected Contributor

Re: Why? Still having multiple hosts on shows…

@Desertdi 

Bet that's coming....the MetaVerse meets QVC..

Or, think of Max Headroom!!! 

A digital newsman with no salary requiements, no perks, no beneftis...just yank the plug when you no longer need him!!!

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Desertdi 

Bet that's coming....the MetaVerse meets QVC..

Or, think of Max Headroom!!! 

A digital newsman with no salary requiements, no perks, no beneftis...just yank the plug when you no longer need him!!!

@Othereeeen     I've noticed a LOT of commercials have gone that route!  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Although now that I think about it there is one host who when paired with Jane can give her a real run for her blabbing money. As Jill Bauer used to say, "enjoyable." Woman Wink

Hello @pupwhipped .  Just curious - who is the one host that can give JT a run for her money?  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal 

I am kinda wondering myself!   LOL

I can't think of a single one except Rick, although Sandra would give a good try, but lose in the end.....

Well, I suspect most are going to disagree with me here, @San Antonio Gal and @RespectLife., but I was thinking of Shawn. When she's on with Jane she certainly doesn't play the "shrinking violet role" like Courtney does. Quite the opposite. And I even detect a little deference coming from JT to Shawn. But then again I will admit I don't watch the shows long enough to know any of this for sure...no matter who Jane is paired with I can't stomach her for long. And obviously this is just my opinion and others could see it in an opposite way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, JT could be the best host on QVC. But she chooses not to. The incessant references to things (won't list them, we know what/who they are) that are solely self promoting seems intentional bordering on obsessive. Why she or management can't see that it's off putting and annoying is beyond me! Woman Frustrated   

New Contributor

I started to watch Denim and Co. because the brand is one of my favorites but turned it off when I saw Jennifer was the host with Gary. They have NO chemistry,, NO fun. It was stiff and I felt sorry for Gary who is such a great vendor. 

It was the same "HARD SELL" as always. No offense to Jennifer, she is great with Issac, she is better with higher priced items, Denim and Co. seems too "middle of the road" for her. 

Mary Beth would be a much better host for Denim and Co. because she's more down to earth and consumers can relate to her.

Just please don't put Jane with Gary. No offense to Jane but Gary would never get   to explain his line or even get a word in edgewise. Jane needs a vender who can compete with her. 

Honored Contributor

@SamBrown wrote:

I think having a rep for just about every product is overkill.

I'd rather have the Vendor Rep and NO host!  LOL

They know the products so much better and IF allowed to get a word in edgewise, would give us the info we really want!

Honored Contributor

Oh @pupwhipped 

I don't ever watch ANY show she is on...so I have never seen Shawn with her.

Interesting...and maybe...good for her for standing her ground??

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@misschristy    QVC management sees the sales figures and can best judge what formula generates the most activity.  The responsibility to stockholders is on them so don't spend your time worrying about it. 

@Kachina624 

QVC got sued over host's schedules and preferred time slot schedules (the lawsuit stated hard to make sales when they wew assigned in the middle of the night or wee morning hours.) And in an interview an Executive said, sales come in to play only for host's salary raises and bonuses.......the host's are on salaried contracts.....no commission either......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@misschristy    QVC management sees the sales figures and can best judge what formula generates the most activity.  The responsibility to stockholders is on them so don't spend your time worrying about it. 

Kachina624 is correct! Multiple host are NOT going to change. Dont like it?

Don't watch!

@ellaphant 

But not watching doesnt help QVC's financial picture to improve.....and the decline in sales keeps growing.....🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Kachina624 is correct! Multiple host are NOT going to change. Dont like it?

Don't watch!

@ellaphant 

But not watching doesnt help QVC's financial picture to improve.....and the decline in sales keeps growing.....🤔

Its the same ole, same ole people here that THREATEN to not watch or shop, then they are back the next day basing he same hosts, etc.. Its meaningless.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

QVC got sued over host's schedules and preferred time slot schedules (the lawsuit stated hard to make sales when they wew assigned in the middle of the night or wee morning hours.) And in an interview an Executive said, sales come in to play only for host's salary raises and bonuses.......the host's are on salaried contracts.....no commission either......

@Spurt    Yes, I remember that but we're talking about two host shows.

Are you supposed to get this cold front that's racing across the country?  We had 3" of snow this morning and a high in 30s today. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment