Honored Contributor

Re: Why I am leaving these boards. My last post.

I am sorry to read that you feel that way.I had no idea that you were a man but that doesn't make any difference to how I view you as a poster.I really hope that you will change your mind and continue to post though as I feel there are so many great and helpful people here.There are some not so nice people everywhere but you can't let them  rain on your parade.It is a choice we can make for ourselves to be hurt or offended by mere words or not.i try to learn from the negatives that some will throw at me because that is always a message about them along with something for me to learn too.I decided a long time ago to not allow people I have never met ruin my day with words

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I have been called a stalker, someone with psychological problems and even people tell me my posts weren't manly enough (so I must be a woman)!  Well I have had enough and  am reminded of an idea from the Bible about casting pearls before the swine.  Well I have had enough of the swinish elements that have been hurled against me. Smiley Sad

Jason, I have come to really like you. You're always so nice in your posts. Not manly enough?? Pfft  FORGET about them! We'll watch out for you. :-) Post what you like and don't worry about others.

{{{Jason}}}  Hang in there!

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston ...

I never respond to "I'm leaving" posts, figuring that's your right to do so.   And, while I certainly don't care for your number one topic, I admire your tenacity.   Never once have I seen you disrespectful to the barage of comments ... snarky and all ... from posters who so vehemently disagree with your subject matter.

I guess all I'm saying is ... you've been a breath of fresh air and I'd miss you if you go.

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston I have looked back over a few of your previous posts, and found nothing overtly (or otherwise) offensive written by you, nor did I find anything particularly offensive in responses to you, so it appears that the mods are doing their jobs.

It is not necessary to stop posting if you wish to continue, since it seems that several of us are happy to see you here, but as you have realized, there are posters here who either enjoy being unpleasant or are ignorant of the fact that their comments towards other are doomed to be proofed because of their content.

About the same mix that you'd find anywhere, I think.

My bottom line is, please don't feel that you have to retreat from being spoken badly of by a few who are themselves rather pathetic.

Valued Contributor

I, too, hope you don't go. There are some very miserable posters who seem to feel better when they use sarcasm and fling the arrows. When I see certain names on threads, I skip over the post. You aren't the only one who's been targeted lately, but I know that probably doesn't help. I post on very few threads, but I've read several of your posts. Hopefully, you'll be able to stick around. 

Trusted Contributor

This is the third such post in a week from users here on the board.

While I do not wish anyone to leave, I refuse to beg anyone to stay.  Doing so only feeds some people's needs to be the center of attention.

Trusted Contributor

I would like to say I dont usually respond to the "I am leaving" posts but I did today because I think that occasionally we can use these as "teachable moments" I will never point fingers at other posters in my examples as that is both passive-agressive and liken to "The Pot calling the Kettle Black" I believe NOONE here has not had one of those moments where they posted something not very sensitive to others, me included. People have different styles of writing, opposing viewpoints, some are more direct, others well unless you massage thier ego your post is deemed offensive. Anyone who is much too sensitive (I can be too so raising my hand) the internet can be a harsh place. Have to develop a thick skin so to speak. Sometimes I am in pain, get out of bed on wrong side and if I have ever offended anyone, including you Jason for that I am sorry. I will put myself out there instead of pointing fingers at "other posters" and say I once called your post (not you) creepy and for that I apologize. Takes a much bigger person to say that then point fingers away from self.

Key is Jason do not take these posts too seriously...or try not to and know that NOT everyone will agree with everything one puts out there. I liken starting threads to shaking an oak tree. Expect the leaves to fall where they will. Yea I am a big chicken (Buk Buk, cackle cackle scratch) Have never started a single thread LOL. Ok Jason I hope you are reading this as my energy these days is kinda low. LOL. Anyway do you know how I knew you were a "guy" ???? Because you didnt go immediately on the attack at every post directed at you.....thats how I knew LOL. Ok come back here you clever fox LOL

Super Contributor

Hi Jason I am a new poster This is a public forum your views and opinions are yours and valid and need to be respected regardless of whether or not other posters agree. If you leave and do not enjoy this form of expression then this board will be full of ppl with one way of thinking now how boring will that be I for one read and enjoy all the objective funny at times snarky remarks and positions of each person that takes the time to post on the forum that said many times there is lots of bashing and criticizing of hosts in an unusually mean way but from what was written about your posts not from you The freedom of speech is one of the most precious ideals and rights we share in our country Keep your head up and your thoughts coming be well and I look forward to your posts in the future
Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

This is the third such post in a week from users here on the board.

While I do not wish anyone to leave, I refuse to beg anyone to stay.  Doing so only feeds some people's needs to be the center of attention.

Exactly. Most people would just leave and not make a big scene. If you want to go, just go. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why are Biblical references not allowed in gloriajean's Among Friends threads, but accepted for this OP?