Respected Contributor

Why I Should Shut Off QVC During Food Shows

I am watching  David's show with all the holiday food items for sale.

Buddy was showing off his monstrous Christmas cake and DH walked by and said,

"Mmmm!  That looks delicious!"

In a teasing way I said, "Do you want me to order it?  It is really big."

(An $84.00 cake!!?!!)

And DH said, "Sure, you can make it one of my Christmas gifts!"

Please, more jewelry shows so DH will not watch!

(Thank goodness he left the room before the 19 lb. ham came on!)

Frequent Contributor

Re: Why I Should Shut Off QVC During Food Shows

OMGoodness!  I know exactly what you mean.  Although, I have four men to deal with:  Hubby and three grandsons!  So far though, we've only managed to snag an order of those yummy David Cookies Holiday Individual Desserts.  However, the day is young!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper 

That's funny!  My husband is the opposite.  He does all of our shopping & cooking; he is quite frugal and diligently prices items before purchasing.  He knows which items are the best price and at each store.  Anyhoo, my point is when he sees these QVC food prices, his reply is always the same, "THAT'S INSANE!"

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know what you mean! I ordered several items during CIJ that I'm excited to get for the holidays, both for our dining at home and for gifts, but some of the offerings today have looked delicious—including that gigantic steamship ham. That's not in our budget, but I'm definitely putting ham on the grocery list this week, and I may even "upgrade" to a visit to the Honey Baked Ham store down the street.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Funny,  my DH is just the opposite, very healthy eater and when he sees food on the Q he looks up the nutrition facts  and ingredients and immediatley gets turned off, not to mention the outrageous prices. 

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper 

That's funny!  My husband is the opposite.  He does all of our shopping & cooking; he is quite frugal and diligently prices items before purchasing.  He knows which items are the best price and at each store.  Anyhoo, my point is when he sees these QVC food prices, his reply is always the same, "THAT'S INSANE!"

My husband can cook 4 things...trip-tip, chicken wings, oatmeal and rice a roni.  If he stops at grocery store for me, I have to be very specific (pictures help).  Once I asked him to pick up a 1/2 pound cheese for the deli.  He came home with a half pound all right,  a block of it..not sliced.  He tried cooking something new for dinner last night, what a fiasco!  You're a lucky woman!

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper - My DH is like yours! Shortly after we all went into quarantine last April he watched David's show with me on a Wednesday night. I think I ended up with almost every food item on the show in MY kitchen! He was enthralled! Usually when I had watched Valerie or another show, and wanted his help choosing colors or something, I would have to chase him down. He would look at my phone and say, "What am I supposed to do?" I would tell him what I wanted, and he would say "I don't know. Whatever you think."

He doesn't watch much, but if he comes in when David's on he MIGHT sit down!  Smiley Wink