Contributor

Who would win, the host or the vendor?

Today while quickly flipping to the Q, I watched Antonella and Lori Grenier sell her products. Antonella is always her pleasant, friendly self, while Lori spoke louder and faster as though she would be cut off at any moment.

A few hours later while checking again, now it's Albany and Lori for a second hour of Lori's products. But this time it was a battle to see who could talk more per minute and also be louder! These two were equally matched and I couldn't declare a winner. But I wasn't interested anymore in what was being sold, BUT in who would be able to say the most and be the loudest! Not sure this is supposed to be how it is, but obviously the Q is OK with it because it keeps on continuing!

I just flipped the channel and watched something else without buying anything! This no-buying thing is great and my husband is loving it!

Valued Contributor

Re: Who would win, the host or the vendor?

The talking over each other and not stopping is completely out of hand. I think all the hosts and vendors should wear a shock collar, like dogs wear, and when the rudeness continues, there should be a mild shock...just enough to get everyone's attention. I find myself turning to another channel when the competion begins. The shows are beginning to sound like a dog yard...one starts yapping and then they all start yapping. 

Respected Contributor

I still contend that the vendor is the more important person.

Esteemed Contributor

I am beginning to think they are all VERY desperate to sell a certain number of their product during each show........at least that is the way it seems to me.......like "used car salesmen"

Trusted Contributor

They talk faster than I can hear!!!  Lol

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

@Debbyrg wrote:

Today while quickly flipping to the Q, I watched Antonella and Lori Grenier sell her products. Antonella is always her pleasant, friendly self, while Lori spoke louder and faster as though she would be cut off at any moment.

A few hours later while checking again, now it's Albany and Lori for a second hour of Lori's products. But this time it was a battle to see who could talk more per minute and also be louder! These two were equally matched and I couldn't declare a winner. But I wasn't interested anymore in what was being sold, BUT in who would be able to say the most and be the loudest! Not sure this is supposed to be how it is, but obviously the Q is OK with it because it keeps on continuing!

I just flipped the channel and watched something else without buying anything! This no-buying thing is great and my husband is loving it!

@Debbyrg

Good post.   I know what you mean --  I can not watch her no matter what's being presented.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with  you.....but i find the hosts definately overtalk and interrupt the vendors more...and win...

Respected Contributor

I don't know why they bother to have guests on if they aren't going to let them talk about their products. 

QVC never used to be this way at all.  It's very unpleasant for a lot of us viewers to listen to them shouting over each other, especially when they don't have very pleasant speaking voices to begin with (Albany is one of them!).  When they start talking so fast and screeching/shouting, off goes that channel.    QVC is just like a Billy Mays infomercial nowadays.

I wouldn't stay in a shop where the salespeople behaved that way, and I sure as heck am not going to invite people into my home like that. 

Trusted Contributor

They may be learning that from the news channels!  They do that all the time and it's been really bad lately!!Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

It depends on which host and which vendor!!! For some reason, some just see the presentations as a competition.  I can picture several twosomes who would ended up with an even score - loud and obnoxious.