Honored Contributor

Re: Who was the the Designer who made Antonella cry?

If TV adds 20 lbs., Katia must be invisible in RL.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

What did he say to her?  Nobody remembers this incident, but they're all talking about weight.  Did he, if it was Bob, say something to her about her weight?

Respected Contributor

Bob Warden seems like he also has been chilly toward David Venable. I suspect it is because the Blue Jean Chef who was his protegee seems to get more air time than Bob. I was not aware he made Antonella cry but nothing shocks me. Theres probably a lot of behind the scenes snarky behavior that the audience does not see when the cameras are rolling. I remember Kathy Levines tell all book. It was quite an interesting read.
New Contributor

One designer that was so rude years ago was Kenneth Jay Lane who was a jewelry designer. Not sure if it was Suzanne Runyon or Lisa Mason( it was quite some time ago). I felt so bad for the host that actualy wrote in to complain . It was so uncomfortable to watch at the time. Does anyon else remember him? Thank goodness he retired from on air presentations and the delightful Barry Ort? took over.

Respected Contributor

KJL was very impatient with anyone who did not have his depth of jewelry knowledge or "society." Mary Beth did well with him but he could get snippy with others. I wondered if his health/age had an impact on his impulses.

Valued Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I don't know anything about that incident, but I wish they'd stop the viewer call-in segments!

I feel the same way. You are very lucky they did not poof your post as I wrote basically the same thing as you did  and mine was poofed off before I could blink! I really think these moderators have their moods and favorites and it just depends who is moderating on that particular day, totally my opinion.