Trusted Contributor

Who was Qvc first ever celebrity host?

i want to say Suzanne Summers.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Who was Qvc first ever celebrity host?

Joan Rivers or maybe Von Furstenberg. Whatever they were severly chastised by the entertainment community until they sold a lot of stuff.

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.
Honored Contributor

I'm assuming you mean a vendor and not a host?

Trusted Contributor

Maybe Bob Mackie?  Or Joan Rivers with her jewelry.  Clothes came much later.  Diane Von Furstenberg (sp.?) was definitely an early vendor and as mentioned, probably a first.  There were a lot of designers who were on in the 90's. I watched the Fashion Channel in the early 1990's. My cable company carried that but not QVC even though it was one in the same. What about Kenneth Lane?  Wow, QVC should put a timeline on it's website to show who was on when.  That would be fun.  

New Contributor

I would think either Joan Rovers or Kenneth J. lane.  I know she convinced Dennis Basso to give it a try.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Delta Burke? I remember so very long ago she was on with Jill and started crying. I think it was because she was being taunted about her weight. She had to get up and go off camera for a spell till she got ahold of herself. Jill was so very sweet and kind to her when the tears started. It was a clothing line she had and very nice things in fact.

Super Contributor

Did Cher come on early with her shampoos?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suziebee1 wrote:

Did Cher come on early with her shampoos?

@suziebee1  Don't know about Cher but you reminded me that Susan Lucci had wonderful hair products she was on with many years ago. Victoria Principle had a line of something as well, either hair or skin or makeup, she might have been on the Q as well but not 100% sure about her being on QVC.

Respected Contributor

I think it was Joan.  But then again, I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I don't believe a 'celeb" has EVER been a host. Vendors, yes. Hosts, don't think so.