Honored Contributor

Re: Who's excited for Christmas in June?

I enjoy it, of course I am not glued to QVC. I will watch some of the programs that pique my interest. I purchase very little but enjoy seeing what they have to offer. Some of the food items may be on my list this year. 

Honored Contributor

I don't understand what's to dread or hate.  Nobody is gonna tie you to a chair and make you watch it.  

At least I hope not!  Woman Embarassed 911! 911!

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

Way to kill the happy summer buzz! Cat Frustrated

Christmas is one day a year.

maybe for you, but NOT for me.......

xmas scrooge quote.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I bet the hosts are already having anxiety attacks over the thought of not so much having to SELL the Christmas stuff so early, but to have to maintain that hey hey hi dee ho "christmas spirit" for 6 months...

They gotta sell Christmas in June, July and August, and at end of shift walk out to thier cars in the Q parking lot in the hot, humid Philly summer!!!

O well....guess it's like pushing everything else...one more tschotchkee, one more fat bellied pigeon toed creepy smiling resin "figure" with a few lights glued on ( only 15 "D" batteries needed!!!), tubular blow molded candles in garish plastic colors... or cutesie glittery villages, lanterns, snow globes, retro big eyed figurines that "bring back memories of Xmas in 1940's before they were even born....covered in glitter and arranged "just so" on every flat surface.....

Sigh...we know it all by heart....rush the seasons, rush shopping, rush rush rush and don't take a minute to enjoy and appreciate the present....

How soon before we get a coupon for a TSV for a casket on the day we're born, or someday soon after, when they suddenly realize the untapped gold mine this last bastion of "buy for the future" presents for the ultimate consumer item?!?!??

After all, the "Q" cohort IS old and getting older by the day!!!! And they young NEW shoppers? Well, can't be prepared far enough in advance, can you?

"Scare 'emto death and sell 'em out!!!"  will be the battle cry from management.....

"Buy one NOW.!!! ...they'll cajole and wheedle, a salesman's "concerned" look on thier faces..."You'll need it SOME day so why not get it NOW and be ready!!! On 1000 easy pays...1200 if you apply for the "Q" card!!!"

"Hurry....mahogany will sell out first!!!...

And don't forget your gift closet!!!"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

But WAIT there's more!!!!

WHEN and what will be the topic for this year's wee wee corn-bally "Q Movie" ( last year is was some sachharine overload with David handing over a cup of hot chocolate (tied to some chocolate sugar powder later sold on Q) to some escapees from the Hallmark Channel...

Who will star? Big Bite? Mark Charles? Alberti? Rachel? Kirsten ( if she's not on another vacation, er, "mission" ( wink wink)  on a sunny beach somewhere in Costa Rica for the holidays.....)?

JT?!?!?!?!?  

Will they bring back****gasp/sigh****Carolyn?

Maybe as a sad eyed, middle aged waif  ( modelled after the popular resin statues, now adult size and scarier looking than ever)..... having been.stuck in a snow bank for days near her PA Turnpike underpass home,  having had to EAT the poor squirrel for sustenance..... waiting to be dug free using a SnoJoe tool of some sort? ( five easy pays, green will sell out first!!!)...

and then.... Dan pops out with a 85 dollar coffee cake, a thermos of boiling milk and one of those giant chocolate balls you melt to make a chistmassy down home drink?!?!?!??

Cornbally and sugary enough to make diabetic watchers run for the Jardiance....( the little pill with big story to tell!!!)

Respected Contributor

@elated  Who's WE?

I have No problem remembering my Faith whilst still partaking in the secular Fun.

I can live in the moment with a tropical drink on the deck and watch CIJ for a deal or two at the SAME TIME. 

If I want to do something else with my time, I can do that instead.  I'm Clever like that!

Unlike still others have bemoaned their CIJ fate..

I don't consider it a Plague.

Nor would I ever beg to be shot when I could just get up and walk away from the situation.

I won't watch Fashion, Shoes, Handbags, Makeup, Electronics, Jewelry and I'm sure I've left some other things out 'cause I don't Watch them.

I Will watch Some of the CIJ programing, so thet's where they're likely to score my pennies.

I don't blame a Shopping Chanel for Selling things.

Honored Contributor

Bah!  Humbug! Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

You won't be "bah humbugging" when you look out your bedroom window some day and see an 20 foot high resin statue with a HUGE protruding...belly...and pigeon toed feet in santa boots, painted in garish glitter paint, standing in your garden,...with that knowing smile and those eyes that seem to follow you everywhere, looking back in at you!!!

Ooops!!! Just your neighbor getting an early start on Christmas ( in July!!!) 

(  Cause you KNOW the stuff is getting bigger , gaudier and more garish every year!! Of course when they get this big, you'll need a generator to keep it lit....500 "D" batteries won't cut it!!!)

Respected Contributor

Here's my two cents. Christmas is a joyful religious celebration for Christians like me. The secular overload surrounding it is unimportant man made fluff. I no longer bemoan it or give it undue attention. It is how our society operates. So it would be silly for me to complain or fret over something that's not going to change- and doesn't really affect me anyway. 
Gifts? Yes, to a handful of family members. Most of my family is gone. 

Decorating? Minimal. A small nativity scene outdoors. A wreath on the door. This is our first year with Stanley Cup, our BUSY one year old kitty. So no more lit candles or holiday knick knacks on tables, nothing hanging, etc. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Drewps5co0tt   BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!