Honored Contributor

Re: Who's excited for Christmas in June?

I always like Christmas In December.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

I'm having "Christmas at the End of my Driveway...."..

Getting rid of ALL of it...for free. Take it. It's nice stuff, but I'm done, and I hope someone else gets enjoyment out of it....

Done with all the tschotchkees and all the "stuff". I may keep one or two items to decorate discretely with, and the lights for outdoors, until they die and then then they won't be replaced.

TOO MUCH STUFF!!!

But for those still in the collecting phase and have the place to store it and the family to visit and enjoy it, go for it...

I DO agree it will be a pleasant break from the normal "Q" offerings...but in about two weeks all those resin statues and plastic knick knackery presented in the whispery voice by Valerie gets old too...

And it seems all the stuff is getting bigger and gaudier every year....a storage nightmare...!!!

Better start your applications NOW for a second mortgage to buy batteries!!!

"Only takes 12 "D" batteries!!! You get 400 hours of light!!!"

Trusted Contributor

I can hardly wait to see ALL the cheap, made-in-China junk Christmas items, especially those from VPH. Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

OMG---my ears just started bleeding!!!! absolutely not!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I'm having "Christmas at the End of my Driveway...."..

Getting rid of ALL of it...for free. Take it. It's nice stuff, but I'm done, and I hope someone else gets enjoyment out of it....

Done with all the tschotchkees and all the "stuff". I may keep one or two items to decorate discretely with, and the lights for outdoors, until they die and then then they won't be replaced.

TOO MUCH STUFF!!!

But for those still in the collecting phase and have the place to store it and the family to visit and enjoy it, go for it...

I DO agree it will be a pleasant break from the normal "Q" offerings...but in about two weeks all those resin statues and plastic knick knackery presented in the whispery voice by Valerie gets old too...

And it seems all the stuff is getting bigger and gaudier every year....a storage nightmare...!!!

Better start your applications NOW for a second mortgage to buy batteries!!!

"Only takes 12 "D" batteries!!! You get 400 hours of light!!!"

I agree. Several years ago I got rid of 3 big Rubbermaid bins full of Hallmark ornaments that my mom and I used to collect. Now I'm down to a nice amount and don't plan on buying more ornaments unless there's an adorable kitty cat of course. 

Respected Contributor

@layla2450 

Or the "Americana" angels with kitcshy lighted scenes in their skirts, pedaled by corn-bally Jim Shore...( second only in faux whispery presentations to Valerie PH...you can arrange this clutter Just So on every flat surface of your home....and it glitters and glows!"

All of the so-called "Americana" statue stuff made in....well, you know!!!

Only five "D" batteries each!!! And don't forget to get your Battery Storage Box ( or two or three) in which to store the 700 batteries of differents sizes IF you remember to remove them from all that stuff before you store it...only to find each battery box full of powdery corrosion and inoperable the next year when you take it out!!!)

thankfully you can buy MORE each year....starting in June for "Christmas in July"!!

Respected Contributor

@Drewps5co0tt wrote:

Cause we all know it really starts a month early!  Smiley Very Happy

I am

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan.  Still working on getting rid of stuff.  

Esteemed Contributor

I can take CIJ in July but no the never ending Hallmark movies! 

Trusted Contributor

My first job out of college was as a department manager at a former Philadelphis-based retailer. In Housewares and Linens, we received all our Christmas goods over the summer. I will never forget the scent of Christmas candles and potpourri in a hot summer stockroom. We called it Christmas in July, so it has moved.