Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who's excited for Christmas in June?

@Drewps5co0tt 

Had to pick myself up off the floor before I could answer.  Christmas is the last thing I want to think about in May.Smiley Indifferent

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

<blockquote><hr /><li-user login="candys mine" uid="113627"></li-user>&nbsp;wrote:<br />
<p><li-user login="elated" uid="650"></li-user>&nbsp; Who's WE?</p>
<p>I have No problem&nbsp;remembering my Faith whilst still partaking in the secular Fun.</p>
<p>I can live in the moment with a tropical drink on the deck and watch CIJ for a deal or two at the SAME TIME.&nbsp;</p>
<p>If I want to do something else with my time, I can do that instead.&nbsp; I'm Clever like that!</p>
<p>Unlike still others have bemoaned their CIJ fate..</p>
<p>I don't consider it a Plague.</p>
<p>Nor would I ever beg to be shot when I could just get up and walk away from the situation.</p>
<p>I won't watch Fashion, Shoes, Handbags, Makeup, Electronics, Jewelry and I'm sure I've left some other things out 'cause I don't Watch them.</p>
<p>I Will watch Some of the CIJ programing, so thet's where they're likely to score my pennies.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I don't blame a Shopping Chanel for Selling things.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<hr /></blockquote>
<p>It has nothing to do with faith. It was a generalization.&nbsp;</p>
Respected Contributor

Definitely not me!!!  I like Christmas in December where it belongs.

Honored Contributor

I love Christmas in any month and used to look forward to watching but it's hard to watch most of the hosts now, plus the overpriced stuff and rare that I see anything like oh I just have to have that (and always like what I already have better anyway).

If that wasn't a run on sentence I don't know what is lol!

Still I'll look at recently on air a few times.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Sooner 

You won't be "bah humbugging" when you look out your bedroom window some day and see an 20 foot high resin statue with a HUGE protruding...belly...and pigeon toed feet in santa boots, painted in garish glitter paint, standing in your garden,...with that knowing smile and those eyes that seem to follow you everywhere, looking back in at you!!!

Ooops!!! Just your neighbor getting an early start on Christmas ( in July!!!) 

(  Cause you KNOW the stuff is getting bigger , gaudier and more garish every year!! Of course when they get this big, you'll need a generator to keep it lit....500 "D" batteries won't cut it!!!)

@Othereeeen Unfortunately we have to drive to the first cul-de-sac northwest of us to see the 3-story snowman affixed to the chimney and house there.  Love him!  

The hood is big on Christmas, with lots of really big blow-ups, tastefully done light displays, nativity sets, gigantic blowup reindeer, a tree covered in white lights every branch that went from a sapling to towering over the 2-story house in 25 years, and one yard good for a laugh that is FILLED with any Christmas lawn gear that was ever in any garage sale within 20 miles.  And a house with a life-size Santa playing the piano in the front window!

It's all cherished and welcome.   

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Sooner 

You won't be "bah humbugging" when you look out your bedroom window some day and see an 20 foot high resin statue with a HUGE protruding...belly...and pigeon toed feet in santa boots, painted in garish glitter paint, standing in your garden,...with that knowing smile and those eyes that seem to follow you everywhere, looking back in at you!!!

Ooops!!! Just your neighbor getting an early start on Christmas ( in July!!!) 

(  Cause you KNOW the stuff is getting bigger , gaudier and more garish every year!! Of course when they get this big, you'll need a generator to keep it lit....500 "D" batteries won't cut it!!!)

@Othereeeen Unfortunately we have to drive to the first cul-de-sac northwest of us to see the 3-story snowman affixed to the chimney and house there.  Love him!  

The hood is big on Christmas, with lots of really big blow-ups, tastefully done light displays, nativity sets, gigantic blowup reindeer, a tree covered in white lights every branch that went from a sapling to towering over the 2-story house in 25 years, and one yard good for a laugh that is FILLED with any Christmas lawn gear that was ever in any garage sale within 20 miles.  And a house with a life-size Santa playing the piano in the front window!

It's all cherished and welcome.   

@Sooner  When I read this post about the life size Santa playing the piano in the front window, my mind immediately went to A Christmas Story and the famous leg lamp! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drewps5co0tt wrote:

Cause we all know it really starts a month early!  Smiley Very Happy

@Drewps5co0tt 

Nooooooooo  I am not ready for the socks and pajamas. The never ending cozy blankets with wine and popcorn by a cozy fire , Oh and the phone calls to Santa from Courtney  and Shawn Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I used to enjoy one or two days of Christmas in July, but not any more.  They've overdone a good thing.

catalog living 2.png

From Catalog Living

Regular Contributor

@faitygodmother I remember our first kitty at Christmas, lol. By the time the holidays were over, the tree was leaning against the law. We found ornaments in June, way back under the sofa! 😺
Respected Contributor

@Qvcmeow wrote:
@faitygodmother I remember our first kitty at Christmas, lol. By the time the holidays were over, the tree was leaning against the law. We found ornaments in June, way back under the sofa! 😺

Haha  Picturing that 😁

Harmonize the World