Regular Contributor

Re: Who's excited for Christmas in June?

@Kachina624 I agree with you 100 percent! I HATE it. I won't be watching it. Why don't they just show Christmas stuff all year right? That's next probably lol! They don't even wait until July, they start the last week of June!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I dread Christmas-in-Summer more than the plague.

I totally agree!

I love Christmas in December & after Thanksgiving I'm all in,with the planning & shopping,but not before.I think If you start shopping six months before it's anti climactic. 

Besides,I love Summer & want to savor every minute of it before it's gone.

Esteemed Contributor

Best wishes for a good time for those who love CIJ, all the way through till Christmas.

I will not be watching until after Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr 

Love it!!!

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother 

PLEASE tell me you will buy the sweet little Stanley Cup a gift for Christmas!!!...Or maybe two!!! Maybe a tiny bell to tie to his long tail????

Even if he picks it out during Christmas in June!!!

Or...maybe a mirror....so he can look into it and admire how dang CUTE he is!!!!

Respected Contributor

@jackiejenny 

I HAVE that leg lamp...it is one of my favorite decorations!!!

Bought it several years ago on Amazon...it was over 125 dollars for the tallest one ( 54") that most resembled the one from the movie, PLUS, it's big enough to see from the street, where people DO see it!!!

It is a PERFECT replica!!!

I put it in my bay window, and go out to the road after dark to admire it... just like in the movie...helps a LOT to have a  strong drink in your hand on top of one in your belly,  to provide the proper amount of Christmas Spirit...( I was still drinking then, alas, no more....)

That year it was the only Christmas decoration I bought...it was expensive, and I figured instead of a bunch of little stuff, just got this.

It is SO realistic!! I carefully vacuum the shade and polish the high heeled shoe during the rest of the year ( it's on a table in a spare room), and sometimes I admire the REAL fishnet stockings on it...It is PERFECT for those who like the movie (like ME!!!)

It was delivered to my door by the mail lady in her truck...the box, although cardboard, was marked FRAGILE ( Fra-gee-lee!!) just like the crate in the movie. I cracked up....I told the mail lady it's the lamp from the movie, and she immediately caught on and got a good laugh out of it!!)

I saved the box for storage, but decided to keep the lamp up all year long instead.

Ha Ha!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@fairydogmother 

PLEASE tell me you will buy the sweet little Stanley Cup a gift for Christmas!!!...Or maybe two!!! Maybe a tiny bell to tie to his long tail????

Even if he picks it out during Christmas in June!!!

Or...maybe a mirror....so he can look into it and admire how dang CUTE he is!!!!

Haha Stanley Cup will certainly get a present  he says thank you for saying he's cute. Still wild and BUSY and getting into mischief all the time. 😁❤️ 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@jackiejenny 

I HAVE that leg lamp...it is one of my favorite decorations!!!

Bought it several years ago on Amazon...it was over 125 dollars for the tallest one ( 54") that most resembled the one from the movie, PLUS, it's big enough to see from the street, where people DO see it!!!

It is a PERFECT replica!!!

I put it in my bay window, and go out to the road after dark to admire it... just like in the movie...helps a LOT to have a  strong drink in your hand on top of one in your belly,  to provide the proper amount of Christmas Spirit...( I was still drinking then, alas, no more....)

That year it was the only Christmas decoration I bought...it was expensive, and I figured instead of a bunch of little stuff, just got this.

It is SO realistic!! I carefully vacuum the shade and polish the high heeled shoe during the rest of the year ( it's on a table in a spare room), and sometimes I admire the REAL fishnet stockings on it...It is PERFECT for those who like the movie (like ME!!!)

It was delivered to my door by the mail lady in her truck...the box, although cardboard, was marked FRAGILE ( Fra-gee-lee!!) just like the crate in the movie. I cracked up....I told the mail lady it's the lamp from the movie, and she immediately caught on and got a good laugh out of it!!)

I saved the box for storage, but decided to keep the lamp up all year long instead.

Ha Ha!!!!

OMG...I think we must know each other in real life! I LOVE that leg lamp too because of course the fabulous A Christmas Story!

What blows me away is that it came similar to the crate marked Fra-gee-lee (must be Italian!)  And real fish net stockings? 

I don't have the lamp, but if I did,I would leave it out all year too...why put such a gem back in the fra-gee-lee crate? 

Thanks for telling me your story...love it! Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Not Me

Honored Contributor

I think I'm more of a purist; greens, candles, lights, etc. are more my thing.  I don't want ceramic junk or flashing gee gaws.  I have some antique pieces from my grandmother, as well as some handmade pieces I have purchased over the years.  QVC has nothing for Christmas that interests me.

Unk-jay.