Honored Contributor

Re: Who is the person(s) hitting the “no” button on reviews?

[ Edited ]

I think what is happening is that shipping issues, sell outs of a particular color and/or size, or the customer did not receive the item are considered inappropriate comments for a review. Under the Review Guidelines QVC has indicated to report these issues to Cutomer Service and they should not be inluded in a Product Review...So some are hitting the "NO" button to say the Review was not helpful, perhaps the "Report Inappropriate" is the better option for a Review not following the Guidelines....I even submitted feedback in the Suggestion Box...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I will also say "no" if a review doesn't address the;product and focuses on things that were available on the description or the demo. For example., if someone gives it a bad review because their color was sold out or it doesn't come in petite, I give that a no. It wasn't he;pful. I can read and see what lengths and colors are available. That should not have an impact on the review of the product. 

Or when someone leaves a 4-star rating with no comments, that's not helpful. 

Especially not helpful is when people start giving 5-star reviews for products, say a cookbook, that hasn't even been released yet. Or, same cookbook - people are leaving 1-star ratings because they didn't get an email or special inmvitation to join a FB group. That has NOTHING to do with the product and they can't give it an honest 5-star review if they haven't even seen it yet. Those bug me the most. I have given those NOs and also reported them, but that doesn't do a thing.

Honored Contributor

When something pleases YOU, say WHY. 

If you say something is UGLY, CHEAP LOOKING or FEELING, too (whatever), not enough (whatever), remember that you may be the ONLY PERSON POSTING who FEELS as you do.

When people post FACTS, I "LIKE" their reviews. 

When people post opinions that apply ONLY to how they feel, I post a dislike.

Easy Peary.