Super Contributor

@luvmybeetle  Alex was a new host that left rather quickly. She was hired at the same time as Kristine, Cathy, Mary N and Courtney K. 

Respected Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

@luvmybeetle  Alex was a new host that left rather quickly. She was hired at the same time as Kristine, Cathy, Mary N and Courtney K. 

Is she the one that pronounced Louis's name incorrectly when she was hosting his show?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Alex was the female new hire in the group with CK, MN,KZ. Alex was very aggressive and it is JMO, but I think she must have said or done something to tick off the wrong person and she was gone. I think all the hosts lately, old and new are doing the hard sell, I'm a long time customer and Q TV watcher so I notice the difference. 

Honored Contributor

Alex....’It’s the bomb dot com’.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea if this was part of the reason she is gone, but while she was a host at QVC, Alex Butler went on many Twitter tirades at every company that ticked her off.  And she seemed easily ticked off.  She also posted political stuff.  We never see any other host post anything like that on social media.

Valued Contributor

@nova @blackhole99  - Yes, its Ali Carr.  Found her on the program guide. Thanks for answering!

Esteemed Contributor

IMO this latest new hires have been great. I don’t know if they got extra training or what but right out of the gate they seem to be doing well.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Alex....’It’s the bomb dot com’.

@proudlyfromNJ 

As soon as you "said" that I knew who you were talking about.  She was awful!!!

Honored Contributor

The host that mispronounced Louis' name and "Linea" was Christine Zell.  She is part of the previous new group of hosts  (with Mary Nelson, Cathy Pedrayes, etc.)

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

The host that mispronounced Louis' name and "Linea" was Christine Zell.  She is part of the previous new group of hosts  (with Mary Nelson, Cathy Pedrayes, etc.)

Thanks @Daysdee. Now that you say that I remember.  I'm surprised she lasted this long.  I remember that night and I was amazed she didn't know his name, of all people.