Honored Contributor

Re: Who is hosting the logo show now?

I know 3 people named Lori/Lory---never in my whole life of knowing them, 30+ years,  have I ever called them "Lor"------sounds dumb----

Honored Contributor

My previous neighbor of 17 yrs was a Lorrie....

when I met her, she told me to call her Lor....

we are still in touch and I still do....

I have another friend who is a Laurie...I also call her Lor from time to time.

Does it really matter?  Friends often shorten names and these two appear to be very friendly to each other.

It doesn't sound forced, just flows...so SO WHAT!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is another host i won't watch. She wants attention all the time, and also say's " the item you are staring at "... excuse me but i am not staring !!!

Honored Contributor

I really don't see any problem with how they shorten their names.  Is that the sole reason you're not watching the shows? 

Should Jennifer never be called "Jen?"  I've heard nearly every host [and Jennifer herself] call her Jen on a regular basis.  Is that one syllable name more acceptable because you've heard many times before and deem it to be OK? Is Jen more socially acceptable? 

I'm grateful not to hear "Honey!!" yelled out 20 times in a show.  Lor or Ame is not even on my radar.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I really don't see any problem with how they shorten their names.  Is that the sole reason you're not watching the shows? 

Should Jennifer never be called "Jen?"  I've heard nearly every host [and Jennifer herself] call her Jen on a regular basis.  Is that one syllable name more acceptable because you've heard many times before and deem it to be OK? Is Jen more socially acceptable? 

I'm grateful not to hear "Honey!!" yelled out 20 times in a show.  Lor or Ame is not even on my radar.

@Caaareful Shopper    Its funny but when Jennifer first started at QVC, for a long time she called herself "Jennifer".  Then she decided she needed to be youthful and cool.  Thus she suddenly became " Jen".  She's been Jen ever since and a totally different persona.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper    Its funny but when Jennifer first started at QVC, for a long time she called herself "Jennifer".  Then she decided she needed to be youthful and cool.  Thus she suddenly became " Jen".  She's been Jen ever since and a totally different persona.

You must have psychic abilities to know what's in another person's head! 

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Or maybe as she became more comfortable in her position she decided to use Jen.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

why would it matter what sales people call each other?

Totally agree...just turn it off for heaven's sake.

Does it really make us feel better to come here and post/vent?

yes

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

why would it matter what sales people call each other?

Totally agree...just turn it off for heaven's sake.

Does it really make us feel better to come here and post/vent?

yes

\

hee hee @SeaMaiden  !!

Come on, really?

I just see certain posters getting more miserable!   LOL

Honored Contributor

My sister's name is Lori and I have called her Lor and she doesn't care.  I really don't understand the big deal with shortening someone's name.