Super Contributor

I hear hosts all the time saying "no one could blame you for treating yourself"! Actually it's no one else's business what you buy!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Who could blame you?

[ Edited ]

I think that there is some psychology in there when they say no one could blame you.  My guess is their true message is don't blame yourself for indulging.  That's fine sometimes, if one can afford it.  I've heard it said, not on QVC though, you work hard so you deserve it.  What one really deserves if one works hard is to not spend all their money on themselves so that when retirement comes, one is not dirt poor after working their entire life. 

Esteemed Contributor

Treat yourself to a "crisp white blouse" must really get the alarm bells ringing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Treat yourself to a "crisp white blouse" must really get the alarm bells ringing. 

@Johnnyeager 

You forgot something...."a crisp white blouse" on which you can "pop the collar".  Popping that collar is important you know, can't leave that part out.

Honored Contributor

Sales 101.....say anything that might entice someone to buy.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

You forgot something...."a crisp white blouse" on which you can "pop the collar".  Popping that collar is important you know, can't leave that part out.

@shaggygirl 

See the source image

Respected Contributor

They copy each other.  Jane started the weird "on the day" phrase and now they all say it. Shawn's use of "story" ("here is the color story") moved down the line along with the strange and constant use of "juicy."  Rachel's "welcome on in" (shouldn't you just say "welcome" and not add two prepositions?) is now said by most of the hosts.  

Honored Contributor

@Gkhm  

People get too worked up over comments by hosts. It's called saying anything to get a sale. It's their job. Not a big deal.

Honored Contributor

People  really need permission to "treat" themselves.