Honored Contributor

Re: Who Would It Be?

[ Edited ]

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes  Agree 100%!  It would save a lot of money (cut expenses) and probably attract more customers (increase income).  IMO, it's just a matter of time for this to happen and the sooner the better if QVC/HSN want to survive.

Contributor

Lisa Mason

Esteemed Contributor

That's a good question.  The one that came to mind was Katie McGee.  I know she wasn't there long but she was a lovely host and I really liked her.  It is nice to see Courtney on today with the TSV  also Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Since I have been asked to be in charge, I say we are not currently in a hiring mode.

In fact, I am reducing the host roster by two-thirds due to my decision to eliminate broadcast television. 

The remaining hosts will provide streaming programs on our website and all our other streaming partners.  Social media influencers with a large follower base will provide the bulk of our streaming video programs.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes .  The social media influencers would have to be middle-age or older to target the market for the existing product lines. Picture it.   

Respected Contributor

I picture an entirely New World Order.

Starting from scratch as it were.

Respected Contributor

Lisa Robertson!  Yes, @Marp, Mike Rowe would be good, too!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I think it says something--don't know what exactly!!!--that the favorite host seems to be someone who has not been a host for over a decade.  (Kathy Levine)  So many have come and gone and she seems to be the one who stands out .  What has gone wrong???

@kaydee50   actually it's been over two decades since Kathy Levine left QVC. I agree with you: It definitely says something.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

It has never really mattered to me who the host was.  I barely remember Kathy Levine altho I have been a QVC shopper from the beginning.  Evidently alot of people liked her as a Host.  I probably did too but don't remember.

What I miss most are the jewelry shows.  I would like back Silver Style that was on every Sunday a.m.  Creed Silver, Big Bonanza Silver Day.  I used to take vacation day from work when they were on.

Hosts come and go and each is different and I just go with the flow.

Super Contributor

Kathy Levine.  Ah, the good old days.  

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Since I have been asked to be in charge, I say we are not currently in a hiring mode.

In fact, I am reducing the host roster by two-thirds due to my decision to eliminate broadcast television. 

The remaining hosts will provide streaming programs on our website and all our other streaming partners.  Social media influencers with a large follower base will provide the bulk of our streaming video programs.

Ah, yes. But there are quite a few social media "influencers" with a large following base I would not watch.

This would definitely bring in more of the younger crowd, but I fear it would alienate those of us who have been around a while. 

The hosts would change; the vendors would also have to change- and target a different audience. The vendors would have to be younger. 

QVC would be completely different. A lot of us would leave. Why should I watch something online that is hectic and not fun? After work I want to relax- and shop. I like to watch some live programs. 

And although I have a millennial who likes to shop here, she likes specific lines only. I think their sales would diminish. 

Anyway. . .

I never "knew" Kathy Levine. Sounds like I missed a lot!