Respected Contributor

Re: Who Screens These Calls?

I've been reading about the callers for a long time.  Nothing has changed over the years;  most posters can't stand the calls.  

The calls that I find most nauseating are the callers who repeat numerous times how much they love the host, the host's hairdo, the host's family, the state the host came from, etc.   It's almost like they think if they praise the host enough they'll get their order for free.  Yes, nauseating. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree about the calls...totally unnecessary and a waste of time! I have never ordered an item because of any call.  

And, while I am at it, I think the Facebook feedback is ridiculous!!  The Facebook interaction is not essential to the hosts' presentations -- really no need for a second host to be their social secretary.  If there are too many hosts now...send some to more training to improve their presentation skills!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb. Just curious. If you hardly ever watch QVC why do you bother with commenting on the Forums
Valued Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@MaryLamb. Just curious. If you hardly ever watch QVC why do you bother with commenting on the Forums

@Teddixat  Where do I state that I hardly ever watch QVC?

Honored Contributor

Those operators probably make minimum wage and my guess is the working conditions around Q land might not be all that great right now so they probably don't give a wit about who they are putting through.

I too have been asked to speak on air and declined.  There was no screening done at all and no way from our short conversation a determination could have been made as to how I would be on the air.

Has the caller who always just had a baby finally given up calling?  LOL   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Those operators probably make minimum wage and my guess is the working conditions around Q land might not be all that great right now so they probably don't give a wit about who they are putting through.

I too have been asked to speak on air and declined.  There was no screening done at all and no way from our short conversation a determination could have been made as to how I would be on the air.

@Lipstickdiva  Yes, this is what I posted earlier that there was no screening. All I did was order. A poster told me that is the screening process. Don’t think so. A screening process would be when you are asked specific questions.

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Yes, this is what I posted earlier that there was no screening. All I did was order. A poster told me that is the screening process. Don’t think so. A screening process would be when you are asked specific questions.

@proudlyfromNJ  No one has to say to you, "I'm going to be putting you through a screening process now" in order to screen you to determine whether or not you're capable of speaking on air. A screening process can be as simple as listening to whether or not you're reasonably intelligent, articulate and lucid while placing your order. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  No one has to say to you, "I'm going to be putting you through a screening process now" in order to screen you to determine whether or not you're capable of speaking on air. A screening process can be as simple as listening to whether or not you're reasonably intelligent, articulate and lucid while placing your order. 

Ah, but here's the rub, even with your version of "screening", a call can go off the rails when on air.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Ah, but here's the rub, even with your version of "screening", a call can go off the rails when on air.

@Anonymous032819  Of course it can, but in this specific case, the operator had to be a complete moron to not realize that the caller was not lucid. She was a train wreck.

Respected Contributor

I heard that call and it was definitely uncomfortable to hear.  As to my view on phone calls, I don't like hearing them either.  All the rear-kissing gets old and their opinions on the products don't make my decision for me.  I think they use the phone calls as a time-filler.  There is only so much you can say about a particular item and then I guess it's easier to rescue yourself by saying "let's go off to the phones" and let someone else do the talking for a minute.