Trusted Contributor

Re: Who Screens These Calls?

@Moonlady, I agree with you also! People overreact in such a mean way to things! Belittling this poor caller and saying that an operator should be fired immediately??!! SMH!!
Honored Contributor

I thought that was a particularly bad call.  She kept asking to speak to "the lady with the throws" and Sharon was replying and the caller was confused and didn't think she was speaking to Sharon.   I don't care for the phone calls.  Waste of time.

Valued Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@MaryLamb The calls I hate the most are the ones where people seem to care more about telling their medical issues such as cancer or other problems as losing a spouse.  more than telling about a product. While I can empathize with someone having hardships I find most of the calls in general annoying. 

@webbgarner1  I think the hosts should have an office pool that includes all of them putting a dollar in a jar in the hosts lounge every day. The host who gets the first caller of the day who has a sob story about their health or a dead loved one wins the money in the jar. You know that jar would get emptied once a day.

Regular Contributor

I don't think the person who put the call through should be fired, but the person making the call should be banned!
Trusted Contributor

I just love all these empathetic posters! Being so judgemental towards others must be so empowering for you! SMH
Valued Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
I just love all these empathetic posters! Being so judgemental towards others must be so empowering for you! SMH

@hooked on books  Then there's you, taking pleasure in mounting your high horse and shaking your finger of disapproval at those with whom you disagree. 

Trusted Contributor

Um, yup!!!!! 😉😉
Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@hooked on books wrote:

@hooked on books  Then there's you, taking pleasure in mounting your high horse and shaking your finger of disapproval at those with whom you disagree. 

Then for using initials like SMH when people like me have NO idea what you are talking about. Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Taking calls has been a fleeing novelty . The Hosts  consume most of the time talking  and the vendors are provided  a brief time  to present the item. Then all the time is consumed with  2 Hosts   talking abt their lives and  hurrying us by saying 19,000 of these have just been sold ... going going gone.

Honored Contributor

I could do without the calls, I did hear the call the OP is referencing. The woman sounded impaired in some way. Shawn and Sharon got that I think and handled her with kidd gloves. I think many of the callers are lonely and just want to talk to somebody, anybody. The posters who admonish others for being harsh are not helping the issue, I personally don't think much of moralizers who point out others short comings.