Valued Contributor

Re: Who Screens These Calls?

I wish they would stop the calls. They’re a channel changer. 99.9% are so freaking awkward.
Valued Contributor

that's u. U may be smarter than most shoppers

Esteemed Contributor

I heard it and I can assure everyone that it was not bad....she simply spoke like a normal, regular person. No reason for the over reaction over nothing.

Respected Contributor

Viewer calls are just a waste of time imo. They don't do anything to get me to purchase an item. I check out reviews here and at other sites if I want to purchase an item.  Then most go on and on about an illness they have. Nothing to do with the item at hand. I wouldn't miss viewer calls at all if they were to be removed from shows. Total waste of time.

Esteemed Contributor

I've given testimonials twice. You're not screened.  You're asked after placing a phone order if you'd like to speak to the host.  I spoke to Dave King and Lisa Mason. 

In some instances, QVC asks for people to call in and give a testimony.  No one is screened.

Regular Contributor

I can only imagine what's really going through the hosts head when they're subject to an annoying testimonial call, and can't get the person off the phone.

Honored Contributor

I HATE-------- those stupid calls---who cares, really,   what any of them think about anything--never in my whole 33 years of doing business with this channel has any callers opinion ever made me decided what to buy---a huge waste of time

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

I just turned off QVC when Shirley from wherever called in to talk to Shawn and Sharon about the TSV. That was the most cringeworthy moment I've experienced in ages, and I couldn't scramble fast enough to grab the remote. When someone calls and and is so incredibly incapable of being coherent and holding a conversation, the operator who decided to put that person on air should be immediately fired. Perhaps these operators would be more careful about whom they put through if there were consequences to putting unacceptable callers on air. Oof.

I only watched for a little while, but caught two awful calls. Shirley was the second. The first was the woman who would not stop gushing about how cool Shawn is and about how great her hair and body are. That was super awkward.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

I just turned off QVC when Shirley from wherever called in to talk to Shawn and Sharon about the TSV. That was the most cringeworthy moment I've experienced in ages, and I couldn't scramble fast enough to grab the remote. When someone calls and and is so incredibly incapable of being coherent and holding a conversation, the operator who decided to put that person on air should be immediately fired. Perhaps these operators would be more careful about whom they put through if there were consequences to putting unacceptable callers on air. Oof.

Wow @MaryLamb ... FIRED? You seem pretty angry. Why are you so offended that you were scrambling for the remote? Concentrate on your own reaction, you are going to have a heart attack over things that have zero to do with you...a caller on tv show...think about how ridiculous that seems.. Breathe through it. You are going to be ok.

@MaryLamb 

@LizzieInSRQ Did you hear this?  If not, what are you so upset about?  Good grief take a breath and you too will be ok.

I haven't watched QVC in ages, but last night turned it on and about 5 minutes yep, I heard the call too.  I immediately thought that is the BIGGEST reason I do NOT watch QVC any more.

The call was at least cringe worthy as described.  The poor woman was confused flustered, and totally lost as to the fact that she was on the air I think.  Whoever put her through or whatever policy failed, yeah, it is a problem.

The caller was totally clueless, it was obvious and the host and vendor did not handle the situation well at all.  They were as clueless as she was. I think maybe the vendor got it before the host did.

Anyway, it was embarrassing to listen to it.  Sure made me turn it off and realize how this sort of incident keeps me from tuning in!  

But I did hear all of the call. And yes, nothing like that should happen especially as a courtesy to people who call simply to order something then are made to look like that on broadcast. 

Trusted Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

that's u. U may be smarter than most shoppers

Say what!?