Honored Contributor

Re: Who Remembers Celebrity Guests From the Past on the Q?

Wasn't Anson Williams on selling some kind of cream that they supposedly used on the set of Baywatch? I remember him being on with an older woman. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes, I remember Anson Williams and some gal selling a crushed pearl stuff in a mess bag supposed to exfoliate skin.   I bought it and then thought, "What was I thinking?!?!?"  It gave me such a rash on my face.  Eek.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

Did anyone mention Ellen DeGeneres also sold pet food?  It was called Halo (maybe her entire pet line was called Halo).  Anyway, I found it odd when they started selling the Halo tech products because I thought that brand name was Ellen's.

Frequent Contributor

Tracy Bregmann from the Young & Restless selling Jabot Cosmetics.

Frequent Contributor

Rick Springfield who acted so bored to be there.

Frequent Contributor

We shouldn't forget Morgan Fairchild selling jewelry on QVC.  One of the most beautiful purchases I've EVER made on the Q was her "Morganite" Pink CZ in 14K gold ring.  To this day, every time I look at it, it is SUCH A WOW!!!!  And the compliments it has gotten are tooooooo many!!!!  That's when there was a level of quality on most items on the Q that's sadly missing today.  Thank you Morgan Fairchild for that FABULOUS ring!!!!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Wasn't Anson Williams on selling some kind of cream that they supposedly used on the set of Baywatch? I remember him being on with an older woman. 

That was MicroDermabrasion. And yes I have a screencapture somewhere. They were quite the regulars on PM Style® in 2005-6.

@Chimi wrote:

Tracy Bregmann from the Young & Restless selling Jabot Cosmetics.

That was HSN. July 28, 2011.

Honored Contributor

Carol Channing sold jewelry.

Occasional Contributor

Going way back: Angie Dickinson w/a jewelry line. Frankie
Avalon w/Italian food items and maybe a tan product.

There were, of course, celebrity music videos and “live concerts” in the studio. Maybe once Mannheim Steamrollers.
There was a lot of hype about a famous Spanish guitarist.
If memory serves me correctly, one of the “Golden Girls”
had a line of robes and caftans, Rue McClanahan.
As I recall, one of the very first celebrity designers was the “wrap dress” queen, Diane VonFurstenberg. Everything sold out in a NY minute.
Carved in my memory was a “on site” visit to Loni Anderson’s (her jewelry line), home w/her husband, Burt Reynolds, “pool side” in the evening. Cute as a bug in a rug Judy Crowell, was the host in a live feed. Burt Reynolds, sort of appeared on
camera....w/Judy...flirting w/poor, clearly uncomfortable Judy. I am sure she was his “type”...small, petite, vivacious. (He shared, late in life, the love of his life was “Gidget”...Sally Field).
Occasional Contributor

I recall Angie Dickinson w/“Jeff” as in “Jeffrey” Hewson (we’re going back to the Stone Ages). Angie was a hot mess and made off the wall comments (clearly she was not enjoying selling on TV). She mentioned (as I recall) she had played poker w/Jeffrey and his buddies the night before.