Respected Contributor

Re: While the Q is taking their yearly three month vacation . . .

I just don't watch when the programing doesn't interest me...there are many good things to watch online these days instead to be entertained.  

This is the season for flashlights, toys and electronics!  Q is looking to make money like all the other retailers out there.  

As for shoe shows I don't watch those...it's just too risky to do that...gotta try them on in person.  So when Jane comes on for her FRI YA shows/shoes LOL I tune out...in fact if anyone starts saying that awful phrase I tune out LOL!  Change channel or mute works very well for me.

Respected Contributor

I also enjoyed what the Q called short takes, they did not spend 15 minutes on one pair of socks.  Have you noticed that a hour program normally has presentations for 4 items, much too long...BORING

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still believe that many of the brands buy that time and pay for all of the coverage. Products like Dyson, Bose, mattresses, etc. that are on for hours at a time must be making money somehow or they wouldn't continue. I think the time is being paid for, so that won't stop. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

This seems only beneficial to you.  What about others that do like those items?  Do you have experience in this field? 

oh yes, tons!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree"While the Q is taking their yearly three month vacation . . ."

First I heard that the Q is off the air yearly for 3 months.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Don't believe the flip of the calendar is going to change much.  Think what Q is doing  is working for them...... although we might not like it.

@fthunt 

The only changes the Execs seem to make are new titles for shows with the same ole merchandise and switching around hosts on different shows.....

But things arent working for the Q---revenue and sales are down especially home and apparel.....Beauty IQ flopped ....they are experimenting with cutting back on live programming....things dont look so rosey at the Q

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Watching is a choice and QVC is a retailer, it should not be viewed as entertainment.  Don't like what they program, don't watch.  

@chrystaltree 

Ta Daaa....and the "kitty award" goes too....

download.jfif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@LilacTree"While the Q is taking their yearly three month vacation . . ."

First I heard that the Q is off the air yearly for 3 months.

Obviously you're not much into nuance, are you.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I still believe that many of the brands buy that time and pay for all of the coverage. Products like Dyson, Bose, mattresses, etc. that are on for hours at a time must be making money somehow or they wouldn't continue. I think the time is being paid for, so that won't stop. 

@Lisa now in AZ 

According to an article in Entrepreneur.com, QVC Vendors dont buy air time...QVC GIVES a vendor air time and the vendors only get paid only if or when QVC sells a product. “In addition to the vast sales potential, it is also a great brand building medium,” says DeBetta. He further explains, “If you have a great sell-through on your first airing, QVC will ask you to come back and do more airings, which leads to more business and more brand exposure.” 

QVC receives a percentage much like a consignment sale. QVC takes .75% off of the gross invoice they pay you for the Q Platform Deduction.  Vendors also pay for all freight to ship to QVC's warehouse.  QVC runs 24 hours a day. A Vendor may get their first shot at an audience at 2:45 AM. While that may not be a bad time for your product, it also may be terrible. Scheduling and number of units carried tend to not be negotiable.

(cant post the link due to ads on the page, this is prohibited by the Forum rules).....

And BTW according to recent financial reports sales are down in the home category which includes the products you described.....

Super Contributor

@LilacTree 

Don't forget the cameras and the Scrub Daddy sponges, lol.