Honored Contributor

Re: While the Q is taking their yearly three month vacation . . .

@Spurt wrote:

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I still believe that many of the brands buy that time and pay for all of the coverage. Products like Dyson, Bose, mattresses, etc. that are on for hours at a time must be making money somehow or they wouldn't continue. I think the time is being paid for, so that won't stop. 

@Lisa now in AZ 

According to an article in Entrepreneur.com, QVC Vendors dont buy air time...QVC GIVES a vendor air time and the vendors only get paid only if or when QVC sells a product. (cant post the link due to ads on the page, this is prohibited by the Forum rules).....

And BTW according to recent financial reports sales are down in the home category which includes the products you described.....

@Spurt  Do you remember the approx %?

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@LilacTree"While the Q is taking their yearly three month vacation . . ."

First I heard that the Q is off the air yearly for 3 months.

Obviously you're not much into nuance, are you.

Apparently not since everyone who responded does.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I still believe that many of the brands buy that time and pay for all of the coverage. Products like Dyson, Bose, mattresses, etc. that are on for hours at a time must be making money somehow or they wouldn't continue. I think the time is being paid for, so that won't stop. 

@Lisa now in AZ 

According to an article in Entrepreneur.com, QVC Vendors dont buy air time...QVC GIVES a vendor air time and the vendors only get paid only if or when QVC sells a product. (cant post the link due to ads on the page, this is prohibited by the Forum rules).....

And BTW according to recent financial reports sales are down in the home category which includes the products you described.....

@Spurt  Do you remember the approx %?

@Susan Louise 

They dont give the percentage just the categories that experienced declines, now QVC did highlight the brands that did well for the home category and some negatives:

Other strengths in home included growth in our holiday into core brands, such as Bethlehem Lights and our proprietary Valerie Parr Hill brand, and expansion of Scott Living to home textiles, iRobot and Harier. Partially offsetting these gains was a pullback in our mattresses and domestics businesses and softness in garden and fit.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

. . . I am hopeful that management is working a complete reorganization of their programming format to start next year.  That would include new products, a time limit for how long and how often a product should be shown in one day, reducing the on air time of certain overused hosts, new training for both new and older hosts, PRICING, more sophistication in program content, BETTER SHIPPING, retirement of candles, ladders, vacuum cleaners and kitchen/food shows, and especially SHOES.  

Go back to sanity, please.  

@LilacTree  Well there we have it now!  Have you thought about contacting NASA?  They might need some suggestions about how to get back to the moon!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

. . . I am hopeful that management is working a complete reorganization of their programming format to start next year.  That would include new products, a time limit for how long and how often a product should be shown in one day, reducing the on air time of certain overused hosts, new training for both new and older hosts, PRICING, more sophistication in program content, BETTER SHIPPING, retirement of candles, ladders, vacuum cleaners and kitchen/food shows, and especially SHOES.  

Go back to sanity, please.  

@LilacTree  Well there we have it now!  Have you thought about contacting NASA?  They might need some suggestions about how to get back to the moon!  Woman Frustrated

@Sooner 

Ha ha,that was hilarious! You should do standup!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Contributor

Have no idea what you mean by yearly 3 month vacation. Just because you don't like certain types of programming doesn't mean others agree with you. I love all the food/kitchen/household programming. Probably not into the things you like. There has to be something for everyone.
Respected Contributor

Regarding showing the TSV all day, often up until midnight.  There was a time when the TSV sold out in the first hour or many sizes and colors were gone by 1:00 AM.  Either the Q is bringing in more items or the TSV's aren't as good as they once were. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: your post/message #19, thank you @Spurt .

Contributor

I totally agree with you.  I, too , have been a customer for over 30 years, and am not happy with what I see.  No overnight programming, shipping issues/order fulfillment, not ordering enough stock for popular items, spending hours on the TSV, Q2 and Q3 is a waste - and I could go on.  The new CEO is taking this channel into a deep dive - I am very disappointed.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Watching is a choice and QVC is a retailer, it should not be viewed as entertainment.  Don't like what they program, don't watch.  

@chrystaltree 

Agree, however  the hosts have to stop acting like entertainers and making shows about them as opposed to the product.  Thats a big part of the problem.