Regular Contributor

Albany and Jacque Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which host do you miss?

[ Edited ]

I think I just miss the way Q was.  I started with HSN and they would toot the tootie horn.  They used to have some wild shows.  I remember them selling stuff and kept lowering the price and the guy said please buy these ugly lamps, we need to get rid of them.  I learned when I bought soething hit redial as fast as I could because those are the calls they put on air.  I got to talk to that funny guy Steve a couple times.  I cannot remember his last name, but I believe he died of a brain tumor.  

QVC came a bit later, and I have to say those earlier shows were so much fun. I remember someone getting a baby pig for a gag gift.  I cannot remember if Kathy gave it to Jeff or he gave it to her.  The days of kirks follies when they just went all out dressed up.   Good memories!

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I think I just miss the way Q was.  I started with HSN and they would toot the tootie horn.  They used to have some wild shows.  I remember them selling stuff and kept lowering the price and the guy said please buy these ugly lamps, we need to get rid of them.  I learned when I bought soething hit redial as fast as I could because those are the calls they put on air.  I got to talk to that funny guy Steve a couple times.  I cannot remember his last name, but I believe he died of a brain tumor.  

QVC came a bit later, and I have to say those earlier shows were so much fun. I remember someone getting a baby pig for a gag gift.  I cannot remember if Kathy gave it to Jeff or he gave it to her.  The days of kirks follies when they just went all out dressed up.   Good memories!

I guess I didn't really answer the original question of which host I miss.  I haven't one favorite, I miss several.  I did enjoy Lisa Robertson, she was funny and a good sales person.  That probably sounds funny when I can't take watching her selling in her home on her ipad.  Just too corny for me.   I loved Lisa Mason also.  Real down to earth.  There were many good ones that left, but that is life.

The good thing is we still have many good ones to watch.  David is the best.  He is funny but can sell.  I also love Rick and Mary Beth and I do like Shawn, but I like most.

Valued Contributor

I miss the Lisas (Mason and Robertson).  Lisa Mason was back I think a couple years ago very briefly but left again.

I was also sorry to see Jacqui Gonzalez go.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@24krtgold wrote:

Definitely NOT Jeffrey Fuson!  However, I do miss Judy Crowell!

@24krtgold  You don't have to miss Judy as she's a vendor on Evine with a line of jewelry called Joya.  It was Jeff Huston. 

His name was Jeff Hewson

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@Steeler 20 wrote:

I never see Courtney Cason anymore, is she still around ?

This is the reason I have read this entire post!!  Is Courtney still a host??  Have not heard from nor seen her in months!!  Does anyone have any info.  I am curious if she left the Q only, I am not concerned with her personal life.  Thanks

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Contributor

I've been seeing her on the Beauty iQ channel.

Regular Contributor

Lisa Robertson - especially her Christmas decor shows, but loved them all. 

Respected Contributor

I don't miss specific hosts as much as I miss the old "tone" of QVC.  Pleasant, not shrill, not kooky crazy, and no (or little) personal chat.  I could watch for hours back in the 90s, but now, not at all.  It is like a circus now.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Lisa Mason - she has such a good heart

Jeffery Hewson - he could sell ice to an Eskimo

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~