Valued Contributor

Re: Where's the "variety"🤔🤔

what's the matter you don't like mz Gilman's stretchy bermudas. A must watch to get a good chuckle

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:
  1. Everytime I put on Q it's the "infomercial" for TSV, clothing, shoes, d&b bags, gardening, jewelry or gourmet food🙄and more clothes!!

Where is the variety?  I enjoy cooking shows but not with TSV taking 2 hours of a 3 hour show, Home decor shows with newer items.  

What I would really enjoy is Stacy Stauffers  cooking show back!!!

HSN is just a boring🙄.   Things I'd never buy!!!

and the one thing I'd totally enjoy & QVC would stay as it now -- No vendors to kiss& hug, go gaga over and never stay on the product !!!  

I enjoy seeing the vendors homes and how relaxed & enjoyable the presentations are🙂 Shows are better!!!

Other channels are the variety, just one channel will never have all the variety you want.  There are so many on line shopping stores.  It really isn't fair to expect Q to have everything.    It is so odd that people complain about Q instead of shopping at a variety of places.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree...variety is just not offered by this channel any

more.  One of the reason I started shopping with the Q was because the products were different and unique.

But now, if one vendor has a kimono type top, then all the vendors will be selling a kimono top.  If one vendor has an illuminated lantern, then all the vendors sell an illuminated lantern.

The variety is not there on items and definitely not there with the individual vendors!!  I would like to see some brand new vendors selling distinctive, unique, quality items at more

reasonable prices!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

The variety is online.  Not that many watch like they had to before the internet when if you didn't watch and order while items presented you couldn't order later.  I know I order way more now than I ever did  by checking out things online with no time wasted watching presentations or waiting for shows with stuff I like.  I can watch videos of presentations without sitting through things I don't have interest in.  They have probably found that to attract more buyers they need to appeal more to channel surfers and  younger customers who do not sit and watch all day and impulse buy. 

@Pook 

I think it's a myth that the majority of us watch QVC 24/7....most watch shows that are have an item(s) of interest....And if we find the show boring or the host annoying we turn the channel (yep, we do, imagine that)

I find the online info either very sketchy or in some cases non-existent...Sometimes there are NO videos and you read a lot of unanswered questions about the product.  If you have a good vendor, the on-air demo will provide the info you need to make an educated purchase so there are no surprises when you get the item home...

Most of the online info is nothing but sales "fluff".....  One time I had to email the manufacturer to get the dimensions and weight of an item because they weren't listed online and there was no on-air presentation and no video online either....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:
  1. Everytime I put on Q it's the "infomercial" for TSV, clothing, shoes, d&b bags, gardening, jewelry or gourmet food🙄and more clothes!!

Where is the variety?  I enjoy cooking shows but not with TSV taking 2 hours of a 3 hour show, Home decor shows with newer items.  

and the one thing I'd totally enjoy & QVC would stay as it now -- No vendors to kiss& hug, go gaga over and never stay on the product !!!  

I enjoy seeing the vendors homes and how relaxed & enjoyable the presentations are🙂 Shows are better!!!

Other channels are the variety, just one channel will never have all the variety you want.  There are so many on line shopping stores.  It really isn't fair to expect Q to have everything.    It is so odd that people complain about Q instead of shopping at a variety of places.  

@sunshine 919  @Pearlee  

Well QVC better start listening to their customers because their sales have been declining for the last several years....and if they are driving customers away they need to do something..... changes are needed.....The categoy of Q-TALK was for customers to "tell us what you like and what you don't like about QVC"....   If the threads providing comments and suggestions to QVC bother you -----why not skip the thread

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Why bother saying anything when so many previous suggestions landed on deaf ears. 

@Foxxee hope springs eternal!?!? Lol

Honored Contributor

I still think if they would have stayed locked in the past then they would definitely be in really bad finaicial shape many years ago.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

I still think if they would have stayed locked in the past then they would definitely be in really bad finaicial shape many years ago.  

@Pook 

Retailers do need to change with the times,  (cant sell victorian furniture, cabbage patch dolls, Boyd's Bears, and outdated gadgets forever)....they need toi implement new technology to improve ways of doing business, more efficient shipping methods, customers current wants/needs..

There are some things that remain constant in retail that customers want---VARIETY, UNIQUE PRODUCTS, COMPETITIVE PRICES, GOOD QUALITY & GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! (know your customers--- what they want and need) 

Certainly what customes don't want that transcends time----stale/repititious/ redundant products/programing, uncompetitive prices, poor customer service, inconsistent quality, unprofessional/uninformed hosts/vendors (more focus on them rather than the products)

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@sunshine 919  @Pearlee  

Well QVC better start listening to their customers because their sales have been declining for the last several years....and if they are driving customers away they need to do something..... changes are needed.....The categoy of Q-TALK was for customers to "tell us what you like and what you don't like about QVC"....   If the threads providing comments and suggestions to QVC bother you -----why not skip the thread

What about what I said could lead you to assume the thread bothered me.  Good grief lol  I was just stating that if people want variety there are other on line shops.  Why is that a bad thing to say and why would I be bothered.  Sales could be declining because some people are not working.  Many people love Q just the way it is .  I am just saying if you want more variey shop around. I shop around.  I think others do to.

Respected Contributor

I guess Qurate is not interested in having variety on QVC. They have to have a LOGO show every 36 hours and Gourmet Holiday nearly every weekday afternoon. They could relaunch several types of product categories that would do well under the current circumstances:

Weekly Reader Books

Toys

Scrapbooking

Crafting

Home Projects

Pet Sop

Auto Shop

Linens

Quilts

Cookboor Corner

Music and Entertainment