Respected Contributor

Re: Where's the professionalism?!

@too casual wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem like the hosts dress way too casual?  Sometimes it looks like they just got out of bed on a saturday morning dressed for the grocery store.  Even the weather channel employees are dressed professionally.  Shouldn't Qvc's! 

I'm missing why you would compare weather channel employees and QVC hosts. Even someone like Ellen DeGenneres dresses quite casual and she is hosting a national talk show.

As has been already pointed out, a lot of times the hosts are wearing what is being sold that day.  I have yet to see QVC sell a man's suit.

I know I probably would not be able to tell you the next day what one of the hosts wore the day before unless it was a clown suit or something.  I too want to hear more of the details of the product I am interested in purchasing.

If the hosts' attire is the most I have to worry about in a day, then I am a lucky person.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@too casual wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem like the hosts dress way too casual?  Sometimes it looks like they just got out of bed on a saturday morning dressed for the grocery store.  Even the weather channel employees are dressed professionally.  Shouldn't Qvc's! 

I have to admit that after watching other channels Q seems to be the one where some host dress over the top and act over the top.  Not sure the reason for some of the party dresses I have seen.  Maybe they should all maybe take a look at Colleen on HSN, She looks nice all the time, even her casual look is classy.  Just my opinionSmiley Happy

Colleen isn't competing with other female hosts, she is the top dog. I don't like anything fashion wise HSN sells and now that Andrew Lessman has come to the Q, I don't buy vitamins from them either. I know they are sister shopping channels, but I don't like anything about HSN, especially their hosts, even CL. I think the QVC female hosts look great in their clothes no matter what they wear.

Respected Contributor

In the real world, not only QVC land, it's obvious most people dress down for most occasions.  DD and I took a girl trip to NYC several years ago and went to a Broadway show.  We dressed nicely, assuming that was standard.  Well, we two bumpkins learned that jeans and casual tops are what most people wear.  Although we weren't wearing glam clothes, we were dressed like most people wear/wore to church and we were over dressed. 🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

I personally could care less what they wear. I have never seen them dress offensively. Everything is so casual these days, I have grown accoustomed to it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

And last month someone was complaining that the fancy dress a host was wearing during a jewelry show was too low-cut.

I think the hosts try to dress to relate to the product.

i do not want to buy a ladder or a leaf blower from a host wearing high heels.

Fashion will NEVER please all the people all the time!

I usually don't care what hosts wear but i do agree that at times with the more formal shows/jewelry they do often wear dresses/tops that maybe be a bit too revealing depending upon the particular host ......there are a couple hosts who always seem to reveal more....most dress

elegently

I can't think of any host that wears anything revealing.  The only one I can think that likes to dress like that is Josie M, who's a vendor instead of a host.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

I used to say in jest that the vendor you mentioned seemed to always wear something from her prom gown closet.  Lately it's more like she chooses something from her nightgown closet!

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I personally could care less what they wear. I have never seen them dress offensively. Everything is so casual these days, I have grown accoustomed to it.  

I hate the trend. Everyone looks sloppy everywhere you turn.   Improperly fitted clothing, clothing with logos, baseball caps, etc.  I always dressed when I went to the theater when I was younger.   Today jeans are commonplace and sneakers have taken over.  

I always relate to the elegant Tova. Simply cannot imagine her in jeans. She is too classy and she knows it !

Regular Contributor

Josie M wore a skin tone skimpy top last week that left a lot to be desired.  It looked more like a negligee than anything else.  My initial reaction was, "what is she wearing?!"

Valued Contributor

Josie looks like a greasy sloppy mess. She's a mom, and while she is promoting an item, she needs to clean up her act. By the end of the show she has mascara everywhere and looks like a greasy mess.
Shawn went from dresses to ill fitting jeans and her denim shirt. Her new uniform. I understand they're adjusting to the times, but they really need a dress code.
I have canceled all my A/D and am pulling away from ordering. The delivery fee and length of time to receive a product has gotten ludicrous, not to mention the return label fee as well.
I am glad the day of the evening gown and three layers of false eyelashes are over though, not to mention the updo hairstyles, think LR.
Valued Contributor