Honored Contributor

Re: Where's the professionalism?!

As long as they do their job it doesn't matter to me what they wear!!  Also those complaining about hosts showing too much cleavage must not remember hosts of jewelry shows wearing strapless shoulder bareing gorgeous formal dresses.   Life is casual now and for QVC to stick to the old fashion dress norms from the past is just not  good business.  The older viewers who cling to the past are not buying as much, are dying off and the younger generations are the future of all businesses. I am 67 and embrace the casualness.  Either grow with the changes or choose to live in the past and whine!!

Esteemed Contributor

I remember way back in the early days when the men like Jeff, the two Steves and other male hosts wore suits & ties. Now the few male hosts, the two main ones in particular, even some of the male vendors, are just as likely to be hosting in short sleeve button down collar shirts not even tucked into their pants, just hanging out. So things have changed not only for the women in re to on air wardrobes. Have a look at Isaac, sometimes he's even got his shower clogs on. It's a whole different ball game these days. 

Respected Contributor

for the most part, i do look at what the female hosts are wearing (because i love fashion so much) and most of the time i just make a quick observation, but there is one host who dresses way to casual imo.  she dresses like i dress, which is not good enough for a TV appearance.  whenever i go on TV, i bump it up a notch LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

The Hosts wear the clothes that they are selling . Most of the clothes being sold at QVC are  casual style  . I do like the  concept that the Hosts wear what they are selling, however  some of the long big loose styles don't  look the best all the time on the petite  size 00  & 5" tall Hosts . I do like it that QVC  does sell some clothes that are suitable for occassions where you need a real dress slack and not jeggings .

Esteemed Contributor

I can't even keep track of the hosts anymore.....too many new ones. I'm old school and prefer Mary Beth, Jane T., Pat, and Jane Brown. The new ones are trying too hard....

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I don't care what they're wearing...I just want the hosts to give the important information on the items they're presenting.

Yes! Remember back in the day, when they gave measurements and pertinent information? Now its just talking about themselves. 

Honored Contributor

@too casual wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem like the hosts dress way too casual?  Sometimes it looks like they just got out of bed on a saturday morning dressed for the grocery store.  Even the weather channel employees are dressed professionally.  Shouldn't Qvc's! 

@too casual  Interesting...you made your 1st post in the forums about a subject that matches your ID/name.

Honored Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong but shopping channel hosts aren't  meteorologists or anchors on a news program.  They are selling jeans and pj's and and mattresses and and cubic zirconia jewelry.  There's no reason for them to dress up like they have an audience with Queen Elizabeth.  Also, they often wear the clothes that QVC is selling.  

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Maybe they should just wear uniforms.

LOL   And then some people would complain about that.  "Blue uniforms are soooo informal"   LOL

Honored Contributor

@too casual wrote:

Is it just me.....

Yes.

Yes, it's just you...Member 'too casual' with only 1 post.