Occasional Contributor

Where's Plillip from Cottage Farms? Humor is missed...

Honored Contributor

Re: Where's Plillip from Cottage Farms? Humor is missed...

He's no longer working for Cottage Farm.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@agda, I miss him too. He is on fb,  Phillip Watson Designs.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll miss Phillip on air.  I recall when he first appeared on QVC representing Springhill Nurseries more than 20 years ago.  When QVC dropped Springhill and contracted with Cottage Farms they retained Phillip as the on air expert representative.  I have been gardening and landscaping long before QVC existed, so I consider it high praise that I always looked forward to watching Phillip and expanding my knowledge.  I also trusted Phillip in making many purchases over the years.  I will give the new reps a chance, but this may take a while as right now I am not judging them fairly due to being disappointed that Phillip isn't there. 

Respected Contributor

He is also on Instagram but never seems to post anything. Yes, miss his humor among other things!
Esteemed Contributor

The two new people representing Cottage Farms are very, very knowledgeable and interesting. I'm enjoying their presentations and have purchased from them. Hope everyone will give them a chance.

Phillip was fun and he's busy writing his book. He deserves retirement like everyone else. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

He had a serious health scare last year with his heart and decited to go a different direction, probably alot less hard work with his life.

Contributor

I looked on the blog back at the begining of the month and someone posted that he and QVC couldn't come to terms on his contract as a consultant for cottage farms.

That's really too bad since he was so loved and recognised as their spokesperson.

I miss just listening to him and his knowledge of plants and what you can do with them.

These new reps are knowledgeable but they don't have his following or charisma.

Honored Contributor

I hope his different direction still takes him to his own private calming gardens, nothing better for any healing process. Wishing Philip well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
He is also on Instagram but never seems to post anything. Yes, miss his humor among other things!

@Kindaglitzy   Philip posts quite a lot on Facebook, hardly ever on Instagram though. I miss him too.

However, the two new hosts are doing quite fine.  In fact, I really like the gentleman, I think his name is Kelly.  He is terrific!  His expertise is incredible, and he is very comfortable in front of the camera.  He has a great sense of humor, and always finds a way to say nice things about some of the other garden vendors. 

The woman (I cannot remember her name) is nice, but immediately forgettable.  She seems more like a marketing person, instead of a true devoted horticulture expert.  Perhaps she just needs more TV exposure.