Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where is the new from VPH?

I usually enjoy. alerie's shows, but this year there was nothing I wanted. Underwhelming. 

Trusted Contributor

Her new items are probably on their way from China. Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

It's still relatively early in the season.  Perhaps Val and the Q are pacing themselves and saving the really great new stuff for future shows, now that Halloween is out of the way and ppl are thinking a little more about the winter holidays. 

Valued Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@Reever 

An on-line craft store sells those same ‘picks’ for 85 cents a piece.

I am one of the first to call Valerie out if her item is low quality. I have searched for less expensive alternatives to her picks and haven't found any. I even tried to make my own. I haven't found any pick that compares to the quality or fullness of Valerie's. I am using Valerie picks that are at least 8 yars old and they stlll look new. If you found comparable picks to Valerie's for .85, please share. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

@Reever 

I am one of the first to call Valerie out if her item is low quality. I have searched for less expensive alternatives to her picks and haven't found any. I even tried to make my own. I haven't found any pick that compares to the quality or fullness of Valerie's. I am using Valerie picks that are at least 8 yars old and they stlll look new. If you found comparable picks to Valerie's for .85, please share. 

I agree her picks are very nice but also feel 4 very nice picks presented yesterday would be over $60.00 with shipping and that is overpriced. They are picks. I bought her set of 4 picks 2 years ago for $28.00 and they were very well made and large., but $55.?

Valued Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

@Reever 

I agree her picks are very nice but also feel 4 very nice picks presented yesterday would be over $60.00 with shipping and that is overpriced. They are picks. I bought her set of 4 picks 2 years ago for $28.00 and they were very well made and large., but $55.?

I agree, prices have gone up. Heck, just went grocery shopping on Monday. We usually buy most of the same items. What I typically spent $220 on cost over $400. What is called a half gallon (but it's really less) of ice cream cost $7.99, old price $3.99. I don't like it, but it is what it is for now. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suzeecat wrote:

It's still relatively early in the season.  Perhaps Val and the Q are pacing themselves and saving the really great new stuff for future shows, now that Halloween is out of the way and ppl are thinking a little more about the winter holidays. 

@Suzeecat 

Nov 8th are the last VPH shows. Valerie has said she makes sure her Harvest/Christmas shows stop at a certain time because Thanksgiving/Christmas sesons are time she sets aside for her family...

I have a few of her items and enjoy them. My gripe is she needs to be more creative ----Im so sick of lanterns and hurricanes---ENOUGH ALREADY---And there are many many many other QVC vendors that do lanterns too. Its not just Christmas, the same thing with wreaths---if she does flowers its either Magnolias OR Hydrangeas.  I wrote a suggestion to please incorporate different flowers for spring and summer, what I thought was a reasonable suggestion, and her staff wrote back a rather rude response....SMH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

@Reever 

I agree, prices have gone up. Heck, just went grocery shopping on Monday. We usually buy most of the same items. What I typically spent $220 on cost over $400. What is called a half gallon (but it's really less) of ice cream cost $7.99, old price $3.99. I don't like it, but it is what it is for now. 

@Starliteshine @Reever @Malcontent @Catch71 

You really get what you pay for with picks----I like Valerie's but also the better quality ones at Hobby Lobby....Some of the inepensive picks look very very cheap and chintzy. I used to make my own wreaths but with the cost of just the nice picks and other supplies it became too expensive and buying a ready made wreath is actually cheaper.....But you still need picks and greens to "dress" all the seasonal displays....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The new stuff is being packed up down the Dollar Store to ship to QVC for one more show before T-day..

I have an idea for Valerie...

How about Sherpa covered lanterns?

Sherpa Sherpa Sherpa Marcia Marcia Marcia!!!!

Or a Sherpa covered little Corn Ball  Christmas Village?