Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where have the Plus sized models Gone?

[ Edited ]

Could someone provide names of these Plus size models because I have seldom if ever seen one who wears a QVC plus size and admits it.  I am referring To models who wear a 1X or above not a large or a XL.

Yes it seems they only seem to have one or two XL models.   I am a 2X and would like to see at least a 1X model showing how the clothing looks on a woman with more curves.

Valued Contributor

It is summer. No vacations in the fall so everybody is going around the time. 

New Contributor

On QVC a size 14 and up are all plus sizes.  The reason is that their clothing runs huge.  If you are a 1X, you can fit into a size L QVC.  A good example is Carolyn.  I just die laughing when she always brings up that "she's a size Large".  Is she nuts?  In the real world she'd be at least a 1 or 2 X.  I wonder if QVC realizes that everything she puts on makes the clothing look unappealing.  Would not be bad if they put her in her proper size.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a 1x and sometimes I can wear a QVC large but not often depending on the line.  Usually I have to take a XL.

Trusted Contributor

Jessica wears a 1X and she is 5ft 9in tall.  She has been on several times wearing Halston.  She is the tall red head.  I like to see things on her.  If items are long on  her (longer than I would wear) I know they will be to long as a I am 5in shorter.  She might have a long torso because she has said that she was wearing reg slacks when talls were available.  There is one model who says she wears an XL and is 5ft 8in.  On a couple of shows when she did not know the size they looked and said that she had on a 1X top.  That probably is only because she wanted extra room for her ample chest.  I am glad to know when product sizing is off so I can consider adjusting the size I order.   Often clothes are tighter on the models and hosts than I would wear.  Size is just a number.  I want my clothes to help me look the best that I can.  

Honored Contributor

IMO: 1x is probably the "plus" model size you'll see because then one who wears a larger size would see how "crappy" (for lack of better word) one will really look like in some of these "fashions".

im always shocked when I see the fashions in some of these plus size catalogs! I can imagine I'd look good in them but then have a reality check😱😏. 

Im a XL or 1x  -- sometimes need even larger depending brand of clothing I'm buying. A size 16-18is no longer a 16-18 more like a 14!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Jackie still models saw her the other day on air.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jewel3 wrote:

It is summer. No vacations in the fall so everybody is going around the time. 

What? Now that makes no sense. Plenty of people take vacations in the fall.

Esteemed Contributor

Everything looks fabulous on the tall thin models.  It is all about imagining that one will look the same when they buy it.