Regular Contributor

Re: Where have the Plus sized models Gone?

It's hard to see how the clothes will look on an average height woman since

all the models are tall.

There are about three larger models - Jackie is great cause she will remove

a cardigan or jacket,not shy about showing her arms.

Brunette Maria does not move very much or turn around to show view 

from the back. 

Most of the models are slender and tall - would be very helpful to see

average height models and have them show the items front and back.

Occasional Visitor

YES!!  Noticing this with Lisa Rinna!  Terrible to watch.  Rude & unfair.  I know where my $ will not go.

Respected Contributor

@Raider Fan wrote:

My take on this is that the Q exists for one purpose alone and that is to make a lot of money. They are great at marketing.  They hire show hosts who they think will make them the most money. They use the models for one purpose, to sell us the clothes. TV adds at least 10 to 15 lbs. on the models from the get go. A woman can see a model wearing an item and think she will look somewhat like that when she wears it. If a short plus size model wears the same item and it doesn't look as good the Q thinks not many will buy it. It's only about money, that's all. Period. They don't care about us. They will never have a short model who is a size L because she looks much larger on the screen. Everything they do is to SELL.   Just my 2 cents. lol

All companies are in the business of selling. If one is not happy with a business they go elsewhere. I believe that the Q does their selling better then most and tries their best to right wrongs with their customer service. No company can make everyone happy all of the time. If you don't agree, the best way to show them that they don't meet your needs is to shop elsewhere. Please know that I am not only directing this post to you. I am addressing it to many on this thread who don't like the way that QVC conducts their business.
Honored Contributor

Sizes 14-16 are not plus sized.  Q needs a 20W model!

Honored Contributor

I have always heard plus size starts at size 16.  My sister says it starts at 14.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I have always heard plus size starts at size 16.  My sister says it starts at 14.

I respectfully disagree with that.  The average woman in the US wears a 14-16.  These sizes are treated as Missy sizes by designers, dept stores, chain specialty stores, discount stores, etc.  To claim 14 is a plus size is, IMO, another way to put down women.  Women come in all sizes and we should be lifting each other up.  

Contributor

The average size in the US is size 14 but watching QVC makes me feel like the Michelin man! Haven't you noticed that almost 100% of the time the models and hosts are debating xx small and x small as to the size they are wearing. I don't know anyone who wears a double extra small. I didn't know that size existed! And let the plus models come out from behind the pillars!

Frequent Contributor

I've always noticed the petite models are always XXS, etc.  YOU NEVER EVER see a petite model in the larger sizes like Large or extra large.

Contributor

They have gone to HSN! The differences between these 2 shopping channel are staggering! Size 3x models! Ethnic accessories and clothes! Charming hosts! Try it!

Super Contributor

There is a women naned Pam who models a lot and she is usually a xl her figure is the opposite of maria. I agree that some vendors only use thin models. This should be expressed to corporate at Q not here if you want any kind of change. There are some issues with the models wearing clothes that are too small or too big in shows to fit the vendors presentation Imo