Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Mods instead of leaving the "unkind" post with a message saying it has been removed due to unkind/inappriopriate etc, howabout just deleting it entirely.  There is no need for the message to be there IMO

As I recall, when QVC did its last survey of forum users, one of the big complaints was the removal of posts with no explanations.  QVC then announced that it would begin stating why the posts were removed because of all of the requests. 

Now, people complain because the moderators list the reason.  Please, tell me and others what they should do because apparently people are upset either way.

Perhaps, instead of being upset at the removal of posts or the moderators listing the reasons of the removal, we should should stop posting things which violate the standards and be upset with those who do.  After all, the moderators are not the ones to blame for the board disruptions.

Honored Contributor

FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL ITS THE POST HAS BEEN REMOVED NOT MOVED, MOVED IMPLIES IT IS SOMEWHERE ELSE,  AND IT IS NOT OR PERHAPS BETTER USE THE WORD DELETED. MODS IF YOU ARE SO PERFECT SOME SHOULD OF CAUGHT THIS HUGE FAUX PAS A LONG TIME AGO

Susan-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because its unkind and uncalled for

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
They both left very suddenly. Dave King has been seen acting in some TV movies after a brief period at ShopNBC.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Dave King has gotten some acting jobs...
Not sure about the other guy...they both were good at what they did.
Honored Contributor

Re: Where have hosts gone?

[ Edited ]

I am still oxox wrote:

FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL ITS THE POST HAS BEEN REMOVED NOT MOVED, MOVED IMPLIES IT IS SOMEWHERE ELSE,  AND IT IS NOT OR PERHAPS BETTER USE THE WORD DELETED. MODS IF YOU ARE SO PERFECT SOME SHOULD OF CAUGHT THIS HUGE FAUX PAS A LONG TIME AGO

Susan-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because its unkind and uncalled for

@I am still oxox, I don't know about this one but on most forums the moderators do actually move the posts to an area only they can access.  That allows them to preserve the posts/threads, respond to anyone who questions the removal, and to restore the posts/threads if they've decided they were removed in error.

I've also seen cases, on this website, in which a thread disappears for a few minutes and returns with a few posts edited out by the moderators -- so that also makes me think they're actually "moved" to another area.

(eta:  I just clicked on the "moved" message and it does go to another part of the website, "Blogs & Forums: Customer Care: Deleted Posts.")

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova

I must not be tuning in at the right times but havent seen Mary Beth or Lisa Mason in quite sometime.  Can anyone tell me if they have seen them on? 

Respected Contributor

Dave James stays busy with his photography business.

Have seen homes for sale online by Dave King from time to time.  Also saw him respond recently to one of Dan Wheelers tweets on Twitter.  I always liked him especially when he would break into a laugh!

Trusted Contributor

Dave King had many acting roles on last fall's new comedies w/black casts, etc. He also was a Dr. for a day on YOUNG & RESTLESS a while ago!  Check his imdb.com page that another poster listed.

Lisa Mason is on a hopefully brief medical leave.

Mary Beth Roe was on last week, maybe she is on vacation.

Dave James, no idea.

Super Contributor

Anyone who isn't official original QVC "Royalty" over a certain age is gone.

they have been gone a long time. They were let go. Some people will disagree but yes, they were let go.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Perhaps, instead of being upset at the removal of posts or the moderators listing the reasons of the removal, we should should stop posting things which violate the standards and be upset with those who do.  After all, the moderators are not the ones to blame for the board disruptions.

That's more of "in an ideal world" kind of thing.  Because not every mod moderates this board the same way - there's a lot of subjectivity and therefore a lot of inconsistency in deciding which posts to remove because they violate standards.   So saying "just don't do it" doesn't quite work out.