Honored Contributor

Re: Where garments and other items are made

@minimalistWF wrote:

@Stylized Where will you be purchasing things from?  Are you planning to give up technology completely?

@minimalistWF 

Yep a lot of the technology is from overseas ----computers,laptops, computer chips, hardware, software, Lithium batteries, and all those batteries for the electric cars too....Some come from South Korea, some China, Japan...

Image result for where are lithium batteries,. computer chips, hardware, software laptops made

10 Laptops Not Made in China for 2021
  • Micromax (India)
  • Samsung (South Korea)
  • Toshiba(Japan)
  • Fujitsu (Japan)
  • Microsoft (United States)
  • Panasonic (Japan)
  • Sharp(Japan)
  • LG-Gram(South Korea)
  • HP (U.S.--CA)
Aug 28, 2021

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Where garments and other items are made

I think your intentions are good @Stylized .

I pay attention to where my things are made.

I've very stubborn and won't make many purchases based on where it's made.

Today, I spent quite a few hours trying to find an air purifier that was made in the USA.  No luck.

I especially don't want one made in China, which most are.

Dyson products used to be made in GB, but they've outsourced to Maylasia and India (<---huge polluter and safety of their women is a big concern to me).

So as of now, we'll do without an air purifier.  (I wanted one for two cats we'll be bringing here next spring.)

Of course I have items made in China, India and a host of other places I'd rather not.  But many items-- I had the choice to say no and that is rewarding to me.