Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you get a break on prices at QVC?

Wish I still got HSN, our cable company dropped it a few years ago. I can get it on-line but sometimes I want to see the actual presentation. It's hard to decide just based on a pic.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette the hosts really get excited about easy pay don't they?Smiley Happy Sort of like the shell & pea game--shuffle them around and we won't notice that the one payment mentioned a lot is  actually for 3-4 months! Smiley Happy

@newname0 as others have mentioned 'as is' & 'last clicks' under clearance items . To keep from spending the day clicking thru I always narrow it down by choosing my size, type of fashion I am looking for , color, brand, etc. Then choosing at the top scroll down 'low to high' . Then when the $s get beyond my budget I can leave.

I also find occasionally with kitchen items you get good prices , extras thrown in, and colors that are unattainable otherwise.

I have found satisfaction in these 2 catagories. I just purchased A275185 from D&Co. pants for under $25. total.

i also bought a SG 'puffer coat' A256193 for under $54.which I was very happy with as it is extremely warm and attractive for my purposes.

The only negative experience I had with one purchase was a top that looked fine but reeked with perfume. I laundered it and used a bit of white vinegar in the rinse and it took away the odor.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@strive4simplicity wrote:

The QVC outlets!  The items there are already reduced from the on-air price and then they often run specials from anywhere between an additional 40 - 70 percent off.  Sometimes they have sales such as "all pants $5," or "all Dooney's $99."  The sales and selections are hit or miss but I have gotten some great deals over the years.  It is also helpful to be able to try things on for size and see if something will work, even if what they have in the outlet is not the color I would want.  So, in addition to the great deals, the outlet also lets you see a lot of the merchandise and decide if you want to order it in your size/color preference. 

The downside is there are not many outlets.  I think the most similar thing online are the "last clicks" or "as is" merchandise, but even they are not as good as the outlet deals when they are having a good sale.

There are only three QVC outlet stores and the QVC Outlet Stores page doesn't even say where they are located, so I'm guessing they reach a very, VERY limited audience. 

http://www.qvc.com/StoresOutlet.content.html

And when I checked other outlet store directories, they only list ONE QVC outlet in Lancaster, PA. If there's only one, that's pretty exclusive. Great if you live in the area, but most people are nowhere close.

Hi @ChynnaBlue and @strive4simplicity, I have been to the QVC outlet in Rehoboth Beach, DE a couple times.  It was a huge disappointment! 

Esteemed Contributor

@MommaJinNJ wrote:
FYI the rehoboth outlet is a pathetic joke. I've been 3 times. It's a disorganized mess. More akin to shopping in a goodwill. I don't recommend it at all.

Hi @MommaNJ629 ...  I could not agree with you more.  I've been to that outlet two times.  It was a huge disappointment!!

Respected Contributor

Those so called outlest are dumps of used clothing worn, washed, stained, perfumed to death that the Q tries to unload.

I have never used the word discount with this place and suggesting buying As Is is just a risk of defects or less used that qualify ofr the outlets. Their pricing for what you get is through the roof.

I bought brand new Logo and it was stained new in package. So when you start out with questionable quality control you can't then expect people to want to keep it...hence the huge inventory of as is or outlets.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, I've talked about this in more than one forum, lol.

I watched these earrings for nearly a year.

Originally $59.  Snagged them last Monday for $30.08.  Here's where it gets kind of freaky.  I couldn't find them looking up American West and then jewelry category of Earrings.  They were marked as Limited Quantity yet I couldn't find them with that search word.

If I hadn't found the item number from a previous post I would never had known.

It's like the discount was an insider secret or something.

@Bird mama GREAT BUY!!!  Yep, you have to be like Miss Marple or Nancy Drew to find one of those QVC HIDDEN bargains---I found a good price on candles it was HIDDEN like your jewelry......

The only other GOOD prices on QVC are the AS IS items......I've gotten some good deals there (and you can still return them---but remember the "try me fee")

For Home Decor---Home Goods or Marshalls or Hobby Lobby and real Sales-1/2 off

Clothing--- got fed up with QVC's clothing and their $50 plus price ranges, poor quality, and inconsistent sizing (the info online is either missing or incorrect)---you can reorder in a different color and the material is totally different now--quality has gone down hill and what is with it with the chemical smell on their clothing .

Jewelry--Not into their fake diamonds jewelry or their pearls, but JTV offers nice alternatives---sterling silver earrings and rings with gems like apatite, tanzanite etc etc (like QVC used to have) at REASONABLE prices....also for costume jewelry which is basically what QVC's "gold" buyer brings in with bronze or resin fillers---I prefer Natures Jewelry online or Dillards---

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MommaJinNJ wrote:
FYI the rehoboth outlet is a pathetic joke. I've been 3 times. It's a disorganized mess. More akin to shopping in a goodwill. I don't recommend it at all.

This is an understatement. It's.... gross. That is the NICEST thing I can say about the place.

Honored Contributor

Although Susan Graver costs more than some places --and way less than some others -  on a cost per wearing, I've found her to be cheaper than even Kohls and KMart.  Since I don't like what they sell to begin with for the most part, I'm way ahead when I buy Graver.

The other values are in skincare.  My old skin thinks moisturizers are meant to be drunk, not sipped!  I watch the TSV's for kits where I can use the whole kit and I do extremely well.   For years I had a philosophy moisturizer on my AD list that was cheraper than any place else even with NY's big tax and QVC's older costlier shipping.  Years of savings.

If you want to buy everything at cheap prices, I think you have to shop elsewhere.  I do that.  I buy most of my clothes at Nordstrom - but I can't buy them in their costly departments.  Same with Bloomies -  I buy some there, but I just laugh when I look at the price tags for other things. 

That's life.  It's unlikely I'm ever going to drive a Mercedes because they won't sell one to me for what my Camry cost, but I'm okay. There were lots of years in my life that I couldn't afford the Camry, let alone a top of the line Ford or Chevy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing for sure, for most things, you really have to wait, check back often and look hard to get a good price here. Deals aren't exactly their strong suit.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...